• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby World Cup Forum

G

getofmeland

<div align="center">How do you think it could be made better??

What would you like to see in there??

All Ideas Welcome

Please help us make it the best possible experience for you all

Regards

Charlie and Dan
</div>

A teleporting machine that shoots a beam through the screen and takes us to each of the RWC games.

Sorry, at the moment I'm as useless as a spare dick at a wedding :)

Come on People More Ideas NEEDED NOW!!!
[/b]

Is there still a calender on the forum? We can start by adding all fixtures on that with the tv channels you can watch it on? If that's not been done yet

I've not been around for a while but I seem to remember Chiro making a Super 14 guide with all the websites of the teams involved, team logos, history of the teams in and out of the tournament, moments of merit, players to watch, his thoughts on playing style etc, I noticed a new group "press corps" I suppose this could be a little job for them and you could have a KISS (keep it simple stupid) guide for people who are both new to the game and tournament.

I suppose there'll be a tipping comp and hopefully Testrugby will run fantasy rugby RWC( although I dunno how that will work), if they do I'll be keen to manage that.

Maybe we can work out another type of comp where we assign each member randomly a team or group or 1 team from a group or something like that - I'm just tossing things in the air here but I'm sure one of the many geniui we have can run with these and turn it into topics or posts

Some great ideas there QKXV

I like some of them and I was thinking about a sweepstake comp, but dont know how easily it would be to implement it...

I was thinking about a sweepstake comp, but dont know how easily it would be to implement it...
[/b]

Well that's a start, go ahead and ellaborate a little on this sweepstake comp idea, it's a place to start and people will soon add ideas to it, next thing you know we'll have a sweepstake type comp with added nobs for the RWC.

Well I was thinking about giving people who wanted to take part in it, a random team. but the problem goes when all the teams have been taken. so do we go with allowing more than one person per team.

A general world cup forum where we can talk about stuff to do with RWC but doesnt exactly fit in any of the forums.

Well I was thinking about giving people who wanted to take part in it, a random team. but the problem goes when all the teams have been taken. so do we go with allowing more than one person per team.
[/b]
I think it would be most important to upload the full games and if there is a chance highlights of each game,
also it would be interesting to posto polls ans the winners wiould be those who predict the game as it involves.
:)

The Problem with Highlights and full games is the copyright rules in place...

[/b]

Yes,not enough teams in the world cup to give each member their own.

How about taking the players of each country, chuck the names into a virtual hat randomiser and give each interested member a player randomly.

Then we use that virtual hat randomizer again to randomly group each of the partcipants into one of say four or five groups.

Based on the matches your player plays and the points he scores in the competition, each member earns points for their TRF group which in the end decide the winning group....

Now this in itself is a useless little exercise just tosssed in to keep a competitive edge, because obviously the winners will be the group that happen to have most players going to play offs, and there's nothing to gain materialisticly.

So in line with the reason we all come here -mainly to talk rugby, each participating member will have the responsibility of posting something about their player after a game, wheter you watched the game or read about it in the paper or heard about it from your nan, doesn't matter, doesn't necesarrily have to be a full article, just a little post. If your player's on the bench then you write something about their team or whatever etc.

We can get threads set up for each country, probably in a seperate forum to keep things smart but the detail is down to you, I'm simply running with your idea, but soon these threads will fill with posts about how individuals in said team performed, hit someone with a bag, or piss3d on the park, that kind of thing, and that's how TRF documents more or less the whole of the world cup, later we sell the copyright to hollywood and they make a film out of it.

The Problem with Highlights and full games is the copyright rules in place... [/b]

Unless someone grants pity on us it won't happen I'm afraid. As Charlie says - the rules are stringent and if there are any problems it comes down on me and Charlie.

Can you use Wiki for discussions? It gets people much more involved, you can scroll through it for ages instead of clicking pages, and the software is open source. And it would let Prestwick bang on about his favourite subjects to his heart's content without overloading the server.

Nope we can't...

We were looking at setting up a Wiki page and possibly having a wiki on the board..

Have you seen this? http://www.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
It's from the guy who set up Wikipedia. There's no page dedicated to rugby, but take a look at NASCAR which has a lot of activity. You can set up advertising as well and share the money with the hosts.

I know it's a completely different system from this site, but maybe you could use it to get a lift off on the articles section.

Cheers for that I will have a look at that at some point, just putting the World Cup Fixtures in the Calendar on the board

I am in the process of writing a Wiki page for TRF but thanks for that, certainly any leeway we can get is good.

The Problem with Highlights and full games is the copyright rules in place...
[/b]

Yea but the copyright usually comes down to the fact that you cant use the game footage to swing a profit

also im absolutely 100% sure if you wrote the company who owns the rights to it and ask them if you can use highlights from it for your site, and are not seeking a profit, you will be allowed.

EDIT: Thats how it works here with Fox, ABC, NBC, ESPN, etc. broadcasts.

But if you sent them a resonable request, they'd write back with ... 777 pages of legal boosheet, take it or leave it. No honest human could make head or tail of what they're talking about, but still we'd sign up to the wankers' agenda.

Maybe we need a genius chimpanzee to explain it ... anyone have a link to Donald Rumsfeld's glorious Known Unknowns observations?

Intimidation trumps reason. But law schools can be abolished by legislation, along with You're-kidding-me! lawyers' fees. After all, justice makes sense when people do the right thing.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

Yes,not enough teams in the world cup to give each member their own.

How about taking the players of each country, chuck the names into a virtual hat randomiser and give each interested member a player randomly.

Then we use that virtual hat randomizer again to randomly group each of the partcipants into one of say four or five groups.

Based on the matches your player plays and the points he scores in the competition, each member earns points for their TRF group which in the end decide the winning group....

Now this in itself is a useless little exercise just tosssed in to keep a competitive edge, because obviously the winners will be the group that happen to have most players going to play offs, and there's nothing to gain materialisticly.

So in line with the reason we all come here -mainly to talk rugby, each participating member will have the responsibility of posting something about their player after a game, wheter you watched the game or read about it in the paper or heard about it from your nan, doesn't matter, doesn't necesarrily have to be a full article, just a little post. If your player's on the bench then you write something about their team or whatever etc.

We can get threads set up for each country, probably in a seperate forum to keep things smart but the detail is down to you, I'm simply running with your idea, but soon these threads will fill with posts about how individuals in said team performed, hit someone with a bag, or piss3d on the park, that kind of thing, and that's how TRF documents more or less the whole of the world cup, later we sell the copyright to hollywood and they make a film out of it.
[/b][/quote]

I just want to apologise for anyone who took the time to read the above gargle, you'll never get those precious moments back. I was extremely lashed when I wrote it. :lol2tn:

Latest posts