Rugbypass & alternatives

Cruz_del_Sur

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Argentina
Club or Nation
CASI
Anyone using this? Does it work outside Asia (without having to mask ip or something i mean)? Any experience with it?

Basically what i would like to have is some sort of software through which i could watch SR, TRC, 6N, PRO14, Top14, Aviva and European Championship games. Does that even exist?

Sky sports, bt nor ESPN are available here (pubs get them but they do so illegally) so it would have to be something online. I'd like to be able to watch games on laptop/tablet/phone

I am of course asking for legal options (as far as i understand rugby pass is legal. Kindly remove this if you know it's not).

Thanks in advance.

It's great, but you need to use a DNS or VPN for it. There also are apps for a couple of devices plus a Kodi addon, too.

Thanks! I guess a vpn should be fine.
Is there a limit on the number of devices you can use? Say there are two games at the same time, could i watch both games in different laptops/tablets/smartphones with one subscription?
How's the streaming quality? YOu streaming from Germany and it works fine?
Thanks again.

Yes, if you're internet connection is fast enough. Keep in mind that VPNs slow you down and those countries aren't around the corner for us. If you need help with a SmartDNS service, the one I use is currently on a special offer again ($35 for 30 years).
I'm not sure. I do remember getting kicked out of one stream when switching to another device at first, but last weekend, I switched from my tablet to the desktop and had it running on both devices for some time. I just tried two different games in two different tabs and that worked fine, so I guess it should work.
The maximum is 4500 kb/s/720p. It looks good to me. Yes, from Germany and I usually get the maximum quality in no time. Occasionally, the quality drops, at times it also stutters, but I think I haven't had it lately and it probably was caused by my SmartDNS provider or ISP. What does happen from time to time is that RugbyPass misses the start of the match. Not often at all, but it's a thing.
If you don't want to sign up right now, you might consider waiting for a moment when they have 25% off on the annual price. They do that a couple of times per season, like during the November Internationals, for Christmas, the Six Nations. I'm pretty sure there were other occasions as well, but I'm not sure when.
I also like their condensed games. They're quick to upload them, the length and the picture quality is good, too. You can also watch all games on demand or use live DVR (jump back to the start of the live game, pause, jump back/ forward, go back to the live broadcast), but at least the Android app doesn't support that one.

@Car
Forgive the intrusion but i have a few more minor questions.
1) Do you stream from wifi?
2) IF you stream from wifi, could you do me a favour and run this test for me (with the DNS, course)

http://www.speedtest.net/

What upload/download speeds do you get?

Should take less than a minute.
Thanks in advance.

I had the house to myself this weekend and given we had a big game (Jags vs Chiefs) and that the rest of the games looked good on paper, decided to give it a try and got the one week subscription.
Couldn't be happier. Good quality, no interruptions, steady streaming.

Sorry for the late response, I wasn't online much lately. Yes, I do use wi-fi, but I wouldn't know how to do a speed test for a DNS server as it only affects the supported sites.

So they seem to have dropped Flash, offer a better quality (720HD) and offer the option to choose between "watch live" and "start from beginning" in both the desktop and mobile version now. Those are huge improvements.

I have no idea either and I would really like to know. My second favourite rugby competition. :(

Latest posts