• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rwc 2011 PATCH!

Gdma1980

Academy Player
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Cardiff
Ok so i'm buying Rwc and RC (leave that there, enough comparisons done already) and over on sidhe forums they are lining up a roster patch.I have looked but can't find plans for the same here. Is one planned, have I missed a thread?

Ok so i'm buying Rwc and RC (leave that there, enough comparisons done already) and over on sidhe forums they are lining up a roster patch.I have looked but can't find plans for the same here. Is one planned, have I missed a thread?

In the Q&A Thread by HB they have indicated that this game will not have any kind of DLC update. So that includes Squad / Roster updates.

He means are people here going to patch it

I don't think there'll be a physical patch, but I imagine there'll be threads saying "Tony Tonyson, the All Blacks number 20 looks most like Dan Carter. Set his stats to "blah blah blah" and that's your dan carter" eventually culminating in a list of all players that need to be made and the best way to go about doing so

He means are people here going to patch itI don't think there'll be a physical patch, but I imagine there'll be threads saying "Tony Tonyson, the All Blacks number 20 looks most like Dan Carter. Set his stats to "blah blah blah" and that's your dan carter" eventually culminating in a list of all players that need to be made and the best way to go about doing so
Thanks Olly.Will we not be able to download edited rosters off each other?

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think so

I don't really know a lot about consoles if I'm being honest, but I don't think it's possible with 360s (might be with PS3s though, but depends whether it's functional with RWC)

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think soI don't really know a lot about consoles if I'm being honest, but I don't think it's possible with 360s (might be with PS3s though, but depends whether it's functional with RWC)
Do you not have a console?

Yes, I have a 360 - i've never shared a profile/roster/anything from any game to another though

Well the people on the sidhe forums are probably making a patch because sidhe are releasing a PC version of their rugby game and the files of the games can be easily modded/changed. As hb are only releasing console versions, Modding on a console is very strict and it most likely be possible that you could change the roster setup but it i doubt any rugby fans know much about modding :p

I think RC allows you to share user-made stuff on PS3 as well.

theres a program called modio i can hook up a cracked version with member benifits if thats aloud on here?

Yep PS3 is confirmed for being able to share saved games/rosters for PS3 on RC, but Sidhe have stated that Microsoft have regulations to prevent this on the XBOX so if you're purchasing RWC on that platform I'd say the possibility won't even be there.

Can't you just edit your PS3 squads and post the save file online? Someone else downloads, puts on a memory stick, loads it up and voila. Most games allow you to use other people's save files.

Last edited:
Most but not all, I'm certain there are a couple of games out there that lock this down even for PS3 - I think FIFA is one example of a game that does this.

Really? Never tried with Fifa as it has correct squads etc and updates. Although if you back up save data on a memory stick surely that should work in the same way?

Can't you just edit your PS3 squads and post the save file online? Someone else downloads, puts on a memory stick, loads it up and voila. Most games allow you to use other people's save files.
Exactly, guaranteed LL be able to do that

Latest posts