• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC 2023 accommodation

leedallen

Academy Player
RWC 2023 Accommodation
I have a motorhome and would prefer to stay in that in Marseilles during Englands games there. Does anyone know if there will be any pop up campsites? The only campsites near Marseilles can only be reached by train as the England v Argentina game is late in the evening the trains will have finished running for the day.
Does anyone know of campsite that can be reached by public transport?
Alternatively it will have to be a Hotel but these are either booked or Uber expensive. Has anyone had any luck with either?

I was in Marseille for the Heineken Cup final. Can't help re the camping but transport to the suburbs is poor, €50 taxi was the best I could do, €80 when getting scammed. A bus tripled the time of the trip.

Also bring a bum bag and keep it on you at all times, pick pocket central.

Thank for info
I got my wallet lifted in Paris a few years ago absolute nightmare.
I don't think cabs will be an option there are two games in Marseilles that weekend it's going to be rammed

RWC 2023 Accommodation
I have a motorhome and would prefer to stay in that in Marseilles during Englands games there. Does anyone know if there will be any pop up campsites? The only campsites near Marseilles can only be reached by train as the England v Argentina game is late in the evening the trains will have finished running for the day.
Does anyone know of campsite that can be reached by public transport?
Alternatively it will have to be a Hotel but these are either booked or Uber expensive. Has anyone had any luck with either?
We are also looking and the following options may be worth exploring:
1. The metro runs late into the night so can be used even after the late games. It worked well for us for the Heineken Cup Final. May be worth seeing what is available in terms of overnight parking in and around metro stops which are further out of town.
2. I am hoping that the local authorities may organise pop up RV stopover sites in the area if there is enough demand, but cannot be sure. Maybe worth emailing the RwC directly and the local city authorities to ask if there are any such plans.
3. If we can get together with others to share plans and book a campsite along the coast, we could then organise and preorder a minibus taxi which might help with sharing and reducing cost.

1. The metro runs late into the night so can be used even after the late games. It worked well for us for the Heineken Cup Final. May be worth seeing what is available in terms of overnight parking in and around metro stops which are further out of town.
2. I am hoping that the local authorities may organise pop up RV stopover sites in the area if there is enough demand, but cannot be sure. Maybe worth emailing the RwC directly and the local city authorities to ask if there are any such plans.
3. If we can get together with others to share plans and book a campsite along the coast, we could then organise and preorder a minibus taxi which might help with sharing and reducing cost.
I have not explored the Metro option, I have wild camped in France but would be reluctant to do this in Marseilles it has a serious crime problem. I have emailed all the campsites that are local. They will all be open and most will take booking now for next year. Camping la cigales were the most helpful. None are currently planning shuttles busses and suggested the train would be the best option. I have just emailed the majors office and asked about public transport and pop-up campsites.
I mailed the RWC 2023 they said they are too busy to respond.
I am really reluctant to book a hotel with a website as demand will be very high and they often ghost bookings. My wife used to work for James villas and often had really bad experience with bookin,exp and others.
I would definitely be up for a clubbing together for a mini bus if anyone is interested? Given the savings a campsite would offer we would not need to many people to make it pay.

I have not explored the Metro option, I have wild camped in France but would be reluctant to do this in Marseilles it has a serious crime problem. I have emailed all the campsites that are local. They will all be open and most will take booking now for next year. Camping la cigales were the most helpful. None are currently planning shuttles busses and suggested the train would be the best option. I have just emailed the majors office and asked about public transport and pop-up campsites.
I mailed the RWC 2023 they said they are too busy to respond.
I am really reluctant to book a hotel with a website as demand will be very high and they often ghost bookings. My wife used to work for James villas and often had really bad experience with bookin,exp and others.
I would definitely be up for a clubbing together for a mini bus if anyone is interested? Given the savings a campsite would offer we would not need to many people to make it pay.
Hi would be interested to hear any progress you make on this, we are going to Semi Finals in Marseille on 14/10 and 15/10 and looking at options with motorhome, we found the same that public transport does not run late and games are in the evening, if anyone is at semi on 14/10 and 15/10 could join together to get transport.

I have a minibus booked for England pool game and both quarters from velodrome 30 after game to camping les cigales, cassis
6 seat minibus there are 4 seats left
€45 each anyone want in?

I have a minibus booked for England pool game and both quarters from velodrome 30 after game to camping les cigales, cassis
€45 each anyone want in?
Hi, have you managed to get booking at camping les cigales, we have tried calling and can not get though, if we could booked on site for quarterfinals would be interested in sharing transport , John.

The site is at cassis, it's one of the few that are open and will take bookings now for next year. It's 10 miles or 25 minutes drive from the stadium.
Best Option can find
Thank you, I goggled email address [email protected] and it gave me a similar named camp site but 1 hour away near Istres, Just want to be sure before book we are looking at same camp site.

Hi
in the same position. Looking to go to Scotland v South Africa. Thought it would be good if we got a small group to share transport back to a site

€45 each anyone want in?
I would be very interested, but struggling to get into camping les cigales as they are showing fully booked. Wonder if there is any wild camping around there.
Last time the world cup was in France we were in a motorhome in Marseille and they arranged for motohomes to be parked on a car park by the beach - but a few of us were broken into!!!

Hi @leedallen I am also looking at the Cigales campsite (camping cassis website) - we stayed at in 2007 world cup, but they are not taking reservations. The one in the link above is the other side of Marseille from Cassis, both have cigales in their name. We are keen to book into a campsite in Cassis and share mini bus to the game (husband and I - so two of us) for the England game and the 1/4 final game.If the mini bus is still available and you are going from Cassis, then please let me know
Thanks

€45 each anyone want in?
Hi
Yes, if that includes the Sept 9 Argentina game? 2 places needed.

Message me please - best via Instagram @hayes1955

Resurrecting this thread to ask if anyone is staying at Camping du Garlaban for England v Argentina? Would be happy to team up for a mini bus to/from the match if anyone else needs to make the same journey. It looks like getting there would be possible by public transport but not getting back?

Resurrecting this thread to ask if anyone is staying at Camping du Garlaban for England v Argentina? Would be happy to team up for a mini bus to/from the match if anyone else needs to make the same journey. It looks like getting there would be possible by public transport but not getting back?

Latest posts