• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC Champions 2007

E

eoino

Personaly, I cant see the winner as in a WC its always been so hard to pick one that stands out. New Zealand are at the moment top of their game.. but so they have been the last 3 world cups and flunked them all. Ireland have a good chance along with France and I wouldnt exactlt write off Argentina either. I realy cant wait for this RWC i think its going to be the best one yet! Any predictions for first and 2nd place?

1st - New Zealand
2nd - Argentina
3rd - Ireland
4th - South Africa

(Other semi-finalists): Wales, England, Australia, Italy

New Zealand win. France runners up. England, Ireland, South Africa, Oussie, Wales & Scotland all perform terribly.

My Prediction:

W: Winner
RU: Runner up

Pool A
(W) South Africa
(RU) England

Pool B
(W)Australia
(RU)Wales

Pool C
(W)New Zealand
(RU)Italy

Pool D
(W)Ireland
(RU)France

Quarter finals

South Africa vs Wales (W) South Africa
Australia vs England (W) Australia
Ireland vs Italy (W) Ireland
New Zealand vs France (W) New Zealand

Semi-Finals

Australia Vs New Zealand (W) New Zealand
Ireland vs South Africa (W) Ireland

Final

Ireland vs New Zealand

(W) New Zealand

Ireland in the final? Thats crazy talk im afraid
[/b]

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it's a practical joke. We are waiting to see Nate's jubilant reaction.

;)

Ireland 43 - 13 England

You lot may no longer make any negative comment about Ireland

Actualy its either France or Ireland in the final, no other team comes close to the top 3, New Zealand France and Ireland. They can do magic, dont just judge them on the 6 Nations.

Ireland 43 - 13 England

You lot may no longer make any negative comment about Ireland
[/b]

Presumably you can't make any negative comments towards France then?

Or New Zealand?

I predict that it will rain solidly for a month, all the Tri-Nations teams will get colds and become ineffective, while Argentina and England's forwards pumell each other in a muddy final.

"I predict that it will rain solidly for a month, all the Tri-Nations teams will get colds and become ineffective, while Argentina and England's forwards pumell each other in a muddy final"

If only Carlesberg did dreams...

Well personally on this I believe that it will be year of the underdog...

And honestly Argentina will be the shock of the Tournament and maybe one of the Pacific Islanders will make a charge...

South Africa wont go far, England have made some good progress in the last few weeks of the six nations, so they will put in a vallant performance... The Irish seem to have been firing below their weight they showed what they were able to do against England but havent really shown too much of it... The French are very up and down side, they will perform well on home soil... I think the Aussies will put in a good show, and possibly be the side to beat the NZ side and knock them out...

I am going to put my money on a Australia vs Argentina Final...

Well personally on this I believe that it will be year of the underdog...

And honestly Argentina will be the shock of the Tournament and maybe one of the Pacific Islanders will make a charge...

South Africa wont go far, England have made some good progress in the last few weeks of the six nations, so they will put in a vallant performance... The Irish seem to have been firing below their weight they showed what they were able to do against England but havent really shown too much of it... The French are very up and down side, they will perform well on home soil... I think the Aussies will put in a good show, and possibly be the side to beat the NZ side and knock them out...

I am going to put my money on a Australia vs Argentina Final... [/b]

Thankyou Charlie!!! Finally someone has some decent forsight. I can't believe all he people who either dis-count or leave out Australia when they talk about chances for the WC!

Australia could get to the final, but i dont think they will this year, as for Argentina, they will be great contenders not finalists, New Zealand STILL have to prove us wrong, world cup rugby is unpredictable, but you still know the only teams that are fit to be winners are new zealand france ireland australia and pushing it south africa, thats it, england argentina and italy dont have it as a team to win the WRC this year.

Australia could get to the final, but i dont think they will this year, as for Argentina, they will be great contenders not finalists, New Zealand STILL have to prove us wrong, world cup rugby is unpredictable, but you still know the only teams that are fit to be winners are new zealand france ireland australia and pushing it south africa, thats it, england argentina and italy dont have it as a team to win the WRC this year. [/b]

Great perspective on the RWC

The thing that makes the last pool so interesting is the fact that France and Ireland seem to be so evenly matched at the moment. One falter against Argentina and either team could be out of the second round. I would say that Ireland would have to be the ones to go because France is playing on home soil, I doubt very strongly that they would lose at this point in time. then again, we don't know which France team will show up.

As for the pacific island teams, Fiji, Samoa, and Tonga will always be talented teams you shouldn't take lightly, but I'm hoping at least for Canada that against Fiji it will be a question of having test experience. Despite Fiji having a fair number of professionals to count on and pure specimens of nature, they're going to be a little rusty in terms of playing together. Canada has a fairly solid team and I feel we can pull off at least two wins and two hard fought losses at this World Cup.

I dont think Argentina will be a shock in any sense. Neither the Irish or the French relish the fact that they share a group with them. Three of the top 7 teams in the worls in the one group is a bit daft, but thems the breaks.

I'd be happy enough to put money on Argentina getting out of the group so either Ireland or France wont go through.

Ireland could easily top the group, and if we do, we'd have to fancy a trip to the semi's. From there, anything could happen.

On the other hand though, we could just as easily not qualify out of the group at all. That is how close this groups is going to be.

England...for their team will be made up of Englishmen.
[/b]
There's that sense of superiority...remind me to come up to your ivory tower later and have a Carlton's.

<div class='quotemain'>
Ireland in the final? Thats crazy talk im afraid
[/b]

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it's a practical joke. We are waiting to see Nate's jubilant reaction.

;)
[/b][/quote]
First you take our land, then our cattle, then our women...and now this? a practical joke? How dare you!!!

In all seriousness, though, Ireland are going to win the RWC.
Argentina will be second.
Smoke that in your pipes!

I would love it if Ireland won the RWC.
I'm not showing any bias towards Ireland, I can't emphasise that enough, so i'll reiterate my previous statment:

I would love it if anyone other than New Zealand won the RWC.

Better.