• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC Champions 2007

the all blacks deserve to be the winners after there dominance over the last few years. current form in south africa suggest they have the ability to make the final
nz V springbok final

Right now, today, nobody deserves to win the world cup.
Come tournament time this November.
We shall then see who desrves the ***le.

Who deserves the ***le? I'll tell you who deserves the ***le, The team that wins the final fairly.

I would love it if Ireland won the RWC.
I'm not showing any bias towards Ireland, I can't emphasise that enough, so i'll reiterate my previous statment:

I would love it if anyone other than New Zealand won the RWC.

Better. [/b]

Even England???

<div class='quotemain'> I would love it if Ireland won the RWC.
I'm not showing any bias towards Ireland, I can't emphasise that enough, so i'll reiterate my previous statment:

I would love it if anyone other than New Zealand won the RWC.

Better. [/b]

Even England???
[/b][/quote]

Yup.

I see no reason for Argentina not to win! And I'm letting everyone know now that they're gonna be my 2nd team! :cheers:

The thing that makes the last pool so interesting is the fact that France and Ireland seem to be so evenly matched at the moment. One falter against Argentina and either team could be out of the second round. I would say that Ireland would have to be the ones to go because France is playing on home soil, I doubt very strongly that they would lose at this point in time. then again, we don't know which France team will show up.

As for the pacific island teams, Fiji, Samoa, and Tonga will always be talented teams you shouldn't take lightly, but I'm hoping at least for Canada that against Fiji it will be a question of having test experience. Despite Fiji having a fair number of professionals to count on and pure specimens of nature, they're going to be a little rusty in terms of playing together. Canada has a fairly solid team and I feel we can pull off at least two wins and two hard fought losses at this World Cup.
[/b]

Ill be rooting for Canada as well, and i think the team will shape up nicely. A lot of the team canada players are training here in my city on vancouver island (BC) and my U16 coach is the prop for team canada, Dan Pletch, and his brother, Mike Pletch. There are also Mark Lawson and Aaron Abrams training here and others that i forgot the names of. I hope we try our hardest and put some effort in.

Is Wales in this World Cup?
[/b]

Is that a cheap shot?
It sounded like one!

Lol

Yeah, we've been playing badly but we're always gonna be in the world cup.

Quarters for us unfortunately and i don't see us going any furhter.
Unless England win their group and we'll come runner up.
Same quarters as 2003....oh i will look forward if that happens.

No your English arrogance is getting the better of you now.

Don't set your sights on the final, you're only going to be let down. :p

it could be, but it is most likey to see France Take on NZ with a tight game, france possibly winning due to home ground support. but not sure how the cup plays out as in who meets who when etc

France wont get to the final... Simple they are too inconsitant...

I still think Australia will be in the Final, and I would say with a NH side, quite possibly the Irish.....

As iv said, Ireland will be there with france and New Zealand, the other teams are there to make up a spectacular world cup, Argentina wont get passed the group stages, simply because they dont have the Rugby to do it... New Zealand/Australia vs Ireland/France final... :)

Pool A
(W) South Africa
(RU) England

Pool B
(W)Wales
(RU)Autrailia

Were playing Aus in the Millenium Stadium, I think that might be enough.

Pool C
(W)New Zealand
(RU)Italy

Pool D
(W)France
(RU)Ireland

Quarter finals

South Africa vs Austrailia (W) South Africa
Wales vs England (W) Wales
France vs Italy (W) France
New Zealand vs Ireland (W) New Zealand

Semi-Finals

Wales Vs New Zealand (W) New Zealand
France vs South Africa (W) France

Final

France vs New Zealand

(W) New Zealand

Argentina have a bit of the England 2003 aura about them I think; a heavy steamrolling pack and a talented 10. I don't think it'll get them to the final though, that'll be NZ vs Ireland, France or SA.

I like the fact that Argentina are dark horses in this RWC. Who knows...maybe the Italians will suprise us too?!
Needless to say...Ireland will win.
Funny thing is I know guys on the USA squad...

Everyone is talking about Argentina and Italy like they really have a chance in the world cup, in reality they have come on leaps and bounds over the last few years (which is fantastic), but they have beaten "superpowers" that have been **** poor of late. They both may pick up a win, even make it to the quarters, but in reality neither are going to get past that stage.

France and Ireland are going to deal with Argentina pretty handily. And it'll be a toss up on who goes to meet the ABs in the quarters.

The ABs mostly use counter-attack, and I just can't see that winning the competition. Plus they have dodgy midfield defence.

SA and Aus are unknown quantities, but I'd place them 4th and 5th in the running.

England can supply the ball boys - say, Andy Goode and Garth Chilcott.