• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC Champions 2007

hey first post :), i just wanted to say i dont really see australia, england, or irland doing much in the world cup because, irland never really put it on it big games, for example they lost to france at croke park, and then they conceded againts italy in the last few seconds to hand france the RBS 6 nations, the only way france could even think about beating new zealand is if the all blacks lose key players like richie mcCaw or Dan carter other wise all blaks will win. but thats just my opion and this is the second time i have watched the rugby world cup so i could be talking a lot of crap :p

hey first post :) , i just wanted to say i dont really see australia, england, or irland doing much in the world cup because, irland never really put it on it big games, for example they lost to france at croke park, and then they conceded againts italy in the last few seconds to hand france the RBS 6 nations, the only way france could even think about beating new zealand is if the all blacks lose key players like richie mcCaw or Dan carter other wise all blaks will win. but thats just my opion and this is the second time i have watched the rugby world cup so i could be talking a lot of crap :p [/b]

Not a bad post in terms of quantity...BUT!...you only gave a reason why Ireland won't win the RWC and fair enough you don't give a reason for England because everyone is aware that they're a lost cause, but what is your reason for Australia not doing much?

[/b]The Mighty AllBlacks You Idiot we should have the trophy allready 4 being legends

Meh the biggest threat to any team will be France, but it will be up to the French what team shows up! In 99, the AB's where well clear, but the French came back!

They wont let themselves be humilated in front of a home crowd, so if anyteam beats them it will be close!.
The All Blacks play france before the cup, so hopefully its a close game.

in 99 the AB's beat the French by 50 points in NZ before th world Cup only to lose the semi
in 03 the AB's beat the Aussies by 50 points in Aussie before the world cup, only to lose the semis
in 07 the AB's beat the .....

hey first post :), i just wanted to say i dont really see australia, england, or irland doing much in the world cup because, irland never really put it on it big games, for example they lost to france at croke park, and then they conceded againts italy in the last few seconds to hand france the RBS 6 nations, the only way france could even think about beating new zealand is if the all blacks lose key players like richie mcCaw or Dan carter other wise all blaks will win. but thats just my opion and this is the second time i have watched the rugby world cup so i could be talking a lot of crap :p
[/b]

No you make a point. But the point about Ireland not winning the world because of that reason is.. well.. not a good one. Ireland lost the 6N by 4 points, thats really not much, and didnt play well in the tournimernt either. But NZ have been playing like beasts for the last few years, I really do think this is their time, and it could be Ireland that sink their ship in the final.. but who knows.. RWcups are really hard to predict! No matter how good you are, there even is the mater of fatigue and stamina comming into play.

Meh the biggest threat to any team will be France, but it will be up to the French what team shows up! In 99, the AB's where well clear, but the French came back!

They wont let themselves be humilated in front of a home crowd, so if anyteam beats them it will be close!.
The All Blacks play france before the cup, so hopefully its a close game.

in 99 the AB's beat the French by 50 points in NZ before th world Cup only to lose the semi
in 03 the AB's beat the Aussies by 50 points in Aussie before the world cup, only to lose the semis
in 07 the AB's beat the .....
[/b]

Very good example, but any team could be like that, the ABs were probably fu*ked after beating France by that much and the same with Australia.. like it causes injury and tiredness... Like in RWC 2003 England didnt trash every team (not counting the 111 - 13 win and the 84 - 6 wins over Uraguay and Georgia) but they played well in every match and beat teams by 10 points in most matches, so they probably wernt going all out in every match, like what NZ have done alot, then their wrecked for their next game, maby im wrong but it could be a fact to consider...

The All Blacks will win the Rugby World Cup 07, no question about it. They have been long prepared for this. They may have failed in the last 4 World Cups but hey, that's past history that won't haunt us again....Hi im Wellycane by the way :D

I Hope South Africa win it but the NZ team is just so good;and Ireland is getting prety good; the frence is also a team to be watch and Australie well jou never know what they can do. :bana: :bana:

I Hope South Africa win it but the NZ team is just so good;and Ireland is getting prety good; the frence is also a team to be watch and Australie well jou never know what they can do. :bana: :bana:
[/b]

Yes we never know what the ozzies can do. I believe they can pull off huge upsets against other top teams even if their form is not up to scrach. They're always fired up in World Cup stages.

hmmm... my thoughts on the cup...

Look.... NZ should win it. anyone that knows anything about rugby knows that NZ are miles ahead of everyone else.

that doesnt mean were a shoe-in for the cup. i remember john eales saying that the best team doesnt nesasarily win the RWC. for the top sides you only really need to hit form for 3 weeks. 1/4's, semi & final. thats basicly 4 years of buildup for 3 weeks of rugby.

im picking NZvENG final. i really think England will trip france over in the semi. i just get the feeling the might sneak one against the french and then get crushed by NZ in the final. i think england will probably play there game of the tournoment to get past france in the semi and they will probably be content with making the final and get beaten by the AB's.

the AB's will have a tough 1/4 against valiant Ireland. which will help them when they play the semi. they will be up for a close one against south africa who knocked out australia in the 1/4's. then i think they will probably beat england by 10-20 pts in the final.

hopefully the ab's win anyway.... its not a given... but if we play to our potential i think we should win this easily. we just gotta hopefully pull it together when it matters...