• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC Champions 2007

It's always good to have new confident posters here then! Keep up the good work.

Now back to the topic at hand....AUSTRALIA TO WIN RWC2007!

It's gota be a Kiwi SA final, who will win that is anyone's guess...

The Kiwi's have a history of choking but they just look so solid.

The saffas are always an unknown quantity given their political selections but they just look good...

The French are always there or there abouts come World Cup time.

Australia seem to be born for the big tournaments and therefore cannot be discounted...

My heart lies with Ireland though, go the Irish!!!

All the talk about Ireland, I really can't see them getting past the quarters. I think France will beat them in the pool stages, therefore Ireland are playing NZ in the quarters. That's as complicated as it gets for me.

NZ are going all the way, SA are the only team who can challenge them, I don't think France are strong enough and flair in the backline just isn't enough against this current crop of All Blacks.

As for Wales, our crunch match is against Austrailia, I still think it'll be a close match come world cup and home advantage will sway it in our favour. England in the quarters, I'd be confident of winning, but semi's is as far as we'd get.

Mind you Aus could easily beat us aswell, and that would mean a loss against SA for Wales in the quarters.

For me it's going to be a NZ v SA/France final, and I don't really see it any other way.

NZ SA final is the most likely
but hopefully one of the brits can cause an upset
come on england!

All Blacks will be weary of Australia, France, and South Africa.

All Blacks have lost to them in the World Cup before, so those teams will know they can do it.

Out of all the teams, I'm most worried of Australia. They're the smartest team in the competition, if their top team is playing, ie. #10 Larkham, #12 Giteau, #13 Mortlock..

Yeah,whenever people thought the Ozzie's don't stand a chance they surprise everyone.

Yeah,whenever people thought the Ozzie's don't stand a chance they surprise everyone.
[/b]
thats true but at the moment they are a mess. france doesn't have what it takes and those quoting 1999 it was 8 years ago france aren't the same team. South Africa are obviously dangerous and are on a good side of the draw but they suck away from home. Their northen hemisphere performances since the last world cup have been abismal as for wales and ireland don't kid yourself niether could touch the abs and both would struggle to beat the top 4 (sa aus nz fra). Don't get me started on england they are clearly rubbish.
B)

the hardest to pick pool will be frances pool. While it would require some upsets i can see france not making the quarters. while i said ireland would struggle to beat any of the top four they have beaten 3 of the 4 in the last two years and france has lost 4 of its last 5 games against argentina. argentina are solid and play within themselves they can kick penalties from fifty and will just keep building up their score if their opponents keep making mistakes. :bana:

thats true but at the moment they are a mess. france doesn't have what it takes and those quoting 1999 it was 8 years ago france aren't the same team.[/b]

France were in awful, awful form going into the semifinal in 1999. They had also lost one of their best players, Thomas Castaignede, leading up to the match.

That is the whole point about why the French are so dangerous, they can pull a stunning performance from nowhere. Especially on home, no team can afford to get complacent and underate them.

thats true but at the moment they are a mess. france doesn't have what it takes and those quoting 1999 it was 8 years ago france aren't the same team. South Africa are obviously dangerous and are on a good side of the draw but they suck away from home. Their northen hemisphere performances since the last world cup have been abismal as for wales and ireland don't kid yourself niether could touch the abs and both would struggle to beat the top 4 (sa aus nz fra). Don't get me started on england they are clearly rubbish.
B)
[/b]
It's true that the Bok doesn't travel well, but the S14 returned several sought after away wins for SA franchises, hopefully this translates into a better away performance in France for them, for if NZ are as untouchable as you say they are we really do need a strong Springbok side to curb the ease with which they'll take the cup.

QKXV - sorry to bring this up here, but your ***s don't bounce anymore. Maybe it's just my browser.