• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

SA vs Tonga

Id hate to be the one to clean the bokkers undies after that match.
Hears hopin tonga sticks it to dem poms as well!

What a match, I do like the close ones but that was a litle too close

Suppose if I was a NZ supporter I'd be saying things like "it's better something like that happens now and we get a wake up call from it ay...

Tonga played very well but that Bok side made too many errors, and Pretorius, to say the least, is a rusty little wingnut trying to get a job as a groundsman, what with bringing his own fertilizer and all.

I'm just wondering if JW had it in the back of his mind all along that the second string side were'nt up for the job, hence the B plan of a bench he wanted.

Again January didn't surpise with his play, still the same old turd like movement of a fat floater that just won't flush away.

Well played Tonga

man what a game!!, im so happy for tonga, they came to this world cup with absolutely nothing and they will leave knowing that they pushed SA to the limit.....if only pierre hola's kick to aisea havili was on target...very very impressed with pierre hola, although he is one footed he can definetly kick....

the only thing that worries me is next week tonga play england, tonga seemed to have a few ****ling injuries, paino hehea & nili latu joseph vaka & enlgand will surely take all their frustration out on tonga as they have a kicker who this time will not miss like andre pretorious did for SA but slot them in from any angle........

Well Done Ikale Tahi & Manu Samoa!!!!

Tonga sure did give them one hell of a fight. It'd be quite funny if Tonga beat England... well i'd be laughing anyway. However, that kind of makes me change my mind about SA champions... Tonga aren't that good... although they played well.

dam!...well as a proud samoan..and knowing that we are out of the tourney now..me,along with my samoan buddies put our support behind the tongans to smack the english out the tournament..and judging on that performance they can do it...they played with character for the full 80..and were a try away from doing the unthinkable

lol..sorry south africa..i dont think you guys can field a second string team like the all blacks and expect and easy run through..we have been practising that coverage craft for 4years now..not one year like you guys..get smart!...BUT!..dear i say it..this only helps the sth africans and gives them more of an incentive at training to work on there inaccuracies in that match...they needed a game like this and they certainly didnt get it from the english but got it from the tongans..so this is a win/win situation for rugby...under dogs got a boost and so did the bokkies

oh yeah nili latu is the MAN!!!

dam!...well as a proud samoan..and knowing that we are out of the tourney now..me,along with my samoan buddies put our support behind the tongans to smack the english out the tournament..and judging on that performance they can do it...they played with character for the full 80..and were a try away from doing the unthinkable

lol..sorry south africa..i dont think you guys can field a second string team like the all blacks and expect and easy run through..we have been practising that coverage craft for 4years now..not one year like you guys..get smart!...BUT!..dear i say it..this only helps the sth africans and gives them more of an incentive at training to work on there inaccuracies in that match...they needed a game like this and they certainly didnt get it from the english but got it from the tongans..so this is a win/win situation for rugby...under dogs got a boost and so did the bokkies

oh yeah nili latu is the MAN!!! [/b]

I said it in my article that I wrote about Tonga in the road to the world cup section and I pointed out that Tonga has world class loosies, but they have played far greater then expected. Latu has been awesome at the breakdowns and making the odd line break, Maka with his storming runs, Vakis ball runing and lineouts and T-Pole (apart form the red card) has done ok.I agree with you Chiropracter and Fa'atau, Samoa have been disapointing in this tournament and with their campaign all but done the pride of the Pacific now lies with the Tongans and i have also jumped on the Tongan support bandwagon. GOOOOO TONGAAAA go smash dem pomz!!!!

Exceptional game from Tonga, really.

I'd just like to gripe about the 22 or so points we literally threw away, I couldn't see the point in letting Andre do the kicking after his 3rd miss, he was horrible yesterday. When you miss so many kicks you basically -force- the pressure on your own team, and this really gave tonga even more focuss to try and knock the boks.

So like I said when we playd Connacht, I'm -really- woried about what we have to offer on the bench, because it seems we have an excellent first choice team, but other then that we're going to have to dig deep, very very deep.

Oh and can someone please just throw Wynand Olivier out of a plane or something, he's shite, he just is.

TONGA! BOOM-BAI-YAY! TONGA! BOOM-BAI-YAY!

even tho we lost, i felt like we won that game. what about that 1st half try that was disallowed? the cut out pass from hola to tonga'uhia. the ref should've gone to the tmo! anyway, i'm so proud of the team. finau maka! whadda tournament he's having with his barnstorming runs from the back of the scrums.

but i agree that tevita tu'ifua needs to be dropped for someone else. anyway, i hope this form carries on into the next game, i have no doubt they could beat england if they keep this form up.

was also laughing at the predictions earlier on in this thread.. 20+, 30+, 50+. who would've guessed a 5 point difference!!!!!

The Boks didn't play well, but I wouldn't worry too much about it. JW made 11 changes for this game and it showed. 9 and 10 is where the real problems were. There are still positives to be taken out of this match though. It would have been a far greater score if JW picked the 1st stringers. The Boks also let in soft tries.

But here's to Tonga against the Poms, got get em!

the game of the WC so far! equally if not better than the japan v fiji game! talk about taking advantage of a team that doesn't usually get much game time together (the boks). The tongans look the best i've ever seen them! this is probably the best they've ever had!

so disapointing that the ref blew the whistle.

pierre hola, ima fan of his for sho'!

Firstly, I`d like to start off with congratulating the Tongans for an excellent performance. Sure, it was the Bok second stringers, sure Julies was sticking in grubbers when he had a 4 on 2 overlap overlap on the outside, and Olivier was again playing from the left touchline towards the right, instead of from goalline to goalline, but the fact remains- you can only play what`s in front of you. The Tongans did that brilliantly, and deserve all the congratulations coming to them.

I was particularly impressed with Pierre Holah`s play. When the situation was 14 plays 13, well there were always going to be gaps in behind the defense, and he exploited that perfectly. And even though he`s completely one-footed, the Boks were just too slow to realise everything`s coming off of his left boot.

Right, now for my Christmas wish list for the Boks. I hope that someone, anyone (but preferrably Jake White), will please explain to Julies and Olivier that the centres have a job to do. That job is to create play in the midfield. It is not to butcher every single attacking opportunity with ****-poor passing, running from touchline to touchline, or kicking away good attacking ball. FFS, the best piece of Bok centre play of the day was Vic Matfield at outside centre, drawing the defender and putting Ruan Pienaar away in the corner for his 2nd try. And he`s a second rower!

I wish for someone, anyone, but preferrably Jake White, to explain to CJ VD Linde that a tighthead prop`s job description is to anchor the srums and get some good right shoulders in. It is not to stand at flyhalf, and then attempt to smash over the tryline, with 3 men over on your outside.

I wish for someone, anyone, but preferrably Jake White, to explain to Albert VD Bergh, Ricky January and Ashwin Willemse that they`re all past it, and should never, ever, under any circumstances, put on a Bok jersey again. Not even the replica jerseys that you can get in the sports stores.

Right, now that I`ve gotten that off my chest, once again well done Tonga. The Tongans have probably been the 2nd-best performing side, considering playing numbers and budget, of the entire RWC, just behind the Argies. Just shows what some pride and passion can do. Good on ya!

Steyn is cited, did he actually bite the boy as i couldnt see the game, i was playing at the time.

No excuses!! Well done Tonga!! You actually deserved to win the game. [/b]

You have said it.Tonga would have won the game if there were no bench to fall back on.They played with passion and power.The turn over ball was amazing.So easy when you have got forwards that can play a "Strenght" game.Also the strenght in their tackles etc.Congratulations Tonga.This game was probably one of the best so far. :bravo: