• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sad news for rugby

Very unfortunate :(...I hope the aggressor gets a more hefty sentence than what is currently being suggested.

Sadly this happens quite often here in SA, we''ve had quite a number of schoolboy deaths on the rugby pitch. :(

there was even an article about it in the SA rugby mag, as well as the Carte Blanche TV program.

It's really sad when these kind of things happen, and as much as I love my rugby I just hate it when a child has to die playing the sport he loves.

I think the main point here is that the death came from a fight within the game and not the game itself. So it could have happened whilst they were playing footy, hockey or just out on the street. Still sad though.

I think the main point here is that the death came from a fight within the game and not the game itself. So it could have happened whilst they were playing footy, hockey or just out on the street. Still sad though.
[/b]

I get that, but Rugby being a contact sport is more likely to start a fight then any other sport.

Just a year or 2 ago collegans, and some other team in the cape were banned from playing the rest of their season because of a full on team against team brawl that happened on the pitch.

It started with some kid stamping on another kids head, or somewhere in that area, and that escalated into someething fierce.

Latest posts