• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

SANZAR 'slap' Kockott with one week ban

M

munross

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
A Disciplinary Hearing was held on Monday into the sending off of Sharks scrumhalf Rory Kockott for a striking offence during their 23-15 victory over the Highlanders in a Super 14 rugby match in Durban on Saturday.

The Sharks player was represented by lawyer Stephen Weyers and Sharks Team Manager Trevor Barnes and the case was heard by SANZAR Judicial Officer Advocate Dekker Govender.

Kockott pleaded guilty to the charge of striking Highlanders flank Adam Thomson in the 76th minute of the match, for which he was red-carded by match referee Phillip Bosch.

The defence argued that a red card was sufficient punishment.

The Judicial Officer ruled that although Kockott's action was not a punch, it was a reckless, open-hand "slap" and imposed a one-week suspension up to and including May 9.

The suspension means Kockott misses the Sharks' Super 14 match against the Waratahs in Durban on Saturday.[/b]

Fair enough punishment I'd say, for those of you that missed it, here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0FCKxLzpeM\

I had to post the link, for some reason I can't put the video thing up here...

Ja can't argue with the decision but Thompson deserved it, he's one dirty player that guy.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steve-o @ May 5 2009, 06:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ja can't argue with the decision but Thompson deserved it, he's one dirty player that guy.[/b]

Yeah Thomson is a filthy player, but Kockott is one hell of an asswipe also if you don't mind me saying so. He's always winding players up.

I thought Kockott should have been given at least 2 weeks if you take the Bakkies Botha incident into consideration. I mean he gave Phil Waugh a bit of a shove and he got 3 weeks. The Sanzar citing commission and the whole procedure is a farce!

Looking at the Heineken Cup semi between Leinster and Munster I wonder what the ruling will be regarding Alan Quinlan for the eye gouge on Leo Cullen? Maybe it will be conveniently swept under the rug because Quinlan was selected for the Lions, who knows?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wairarapa_cullen @ May 5 2009, 09:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steve-o @ May 5 2009, 06:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ja can't argue with the decision but Thompson deserved it, he's one dirty player that guy.[/b]

Yeah Thomson is a filthy player, but Kockott is one hell of an asswipe also if you don't mind me saying so. He's always winding players up.
[/b][/quote]

LOL, yeah, I would probably hate him as well if he wasn't playing for the Sharks.

Because he got KNOCKED THE f*** OUT!
Well, not literally...but still.

I think Kockott took offense because Thompson pulled him up by the collar of his shirt from the ground...obviously some sort of cheeky play from him and he got a smack in gub for his efforts.

Latest posts