• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Save_us.someone who knows their stuff

S

St Helens RLFC

I have got a copy of Rugby 08 on my beastly new PC and I have got a wireless XBOX 360 controller to use. The significant problem I have is that I don't know the buttons! I have tried to find a way to customise the control system but to no avail so far! Can this be done or is it not possible?

I have got a copy of Rugby 08 on my beastly new PC and I have got a wireless XBOX 360 controller to use. The significant problem I have is that I don't know the buttons! I have tried to find a way to customise the control system but to no avail so far! Can this be done or is it not possible?
[/b]
I had the same problem, I never found a solution to change the buttons around...I think your stuck going into training mode and testing out which buttons are which like I did. :(

There is a way to configure the keyboard buttons to your controller by using a program called "xpadder". I've been using it for ages now but I'm using a Ps2 controller and the controls are the same as on the console except for the right analogue stick.

I helped someone else out a while ago and had my whole Ps2 controller setup you might be able to find it on here somewhere try looking through the other pages.

There is a way to configure the keyboard buttons to your controller by using a program called "xpadder". I've been using it for ages now but I'm using a Ps2 controller and the controls are the same as on the console except for the right analogue stick.

I helped someone else out a while ago and had my whole Ps2 controller setup you might be able to find it on here somewhere try looking through the other pages.

[/b]
Another program that enables to do that is called Joytokey.
Yeah, being unable to use the right stick to step (as on PS2) is a real pain in the arse. Instead, you have to press L1+ square/ O. If anything, I'd like it to be dealt with for the next version of the game.

I had Joytokey but couldn't get it to work with my Rugby 08 for some reason. I've got the right analogue setup alright but for a shoulder charge I have to press right analogue up and for a fend I gota press it down and left or right to step. Good thing about it is that I just press these buttons no matter which way I'm running.

Setplays are still a bit of a hassle thou I have to tap L1 or R1 to cycle through the plays.

Latest posts