• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scardest you've ever been watching a movie ?

@Big Ewis Haha I feel you man! Just something about a toy that can come to life running around in the shadows killing people didn't sit with me too well as a kid. Also as a kid your imagination gets carried away a lot more so it's not impossible (then) for Chucky to just creek open your door one night to pay a visit. Oh boy, kind of scaring myself right now.

With Ju-On it was weird. I got heaps of creeps and scares throughout the film but afterwards I was all brave like meh I'll be all good. Then when it came to bed time my imagination just went crazy. I was looking at my windows, the foot of my bed, underneath my bed, I had to keep opening my eyes every couple of seconds in case she was there and when I did open my eyes I was so scared her face would be right in front of mine. The most frequent imagination was just her head slowly rising from the foot of my bed hair over her face and that UUUUGGGHGGHHGHGHG noise. Haha fun times as a kid and teenager. Best remedy for me was to turn on some music or go on the computer, chat on msn messenger hoping to god someone was awake.

REC is a good one BE, I agree there were some shocking moments like if I remember correctly the body randomly falling and hitting the ground out of no where. And the really dark scene up in the top floor where you couldn't see anything, just anticipating a scare to happen. SO much dread in that scene.

I also thought a couple of scenes in The Sixth Sense were scary like where the girl reached out from underneath the bed, and also when the young boy was in his little bed sheet tent with a flash light where suddenly the vomit girl just appears.

I think the greatest creeps and scares happened before adulthood just because my imagination would get too out of hand.

there ya go, that's the one, man. I was with a friend and he kept saying "I can't take this anymore, I can't take this anymore !!!!" and we were both cringing like hell, that scene just took like 3 days to unfold, there was sunlight when it started and the moon was up by the time it ended...FKN....

And yes, I was very similar with the Grudge. My friends knew it freaked me out badly, two of them were semi-traumatized like me, and they called me up with random numbers and did the voice-creeking noise thing. One friend even sent me an email once back when the internet was all naive, called it like "this band plays live in Qatar" or wtvr, and it was a giant 2MB picture of the lady ghost's face, by the time it loaded on my screen it was too late and I was staring at that face straight up, I think I turned as white as her for a couple of seconds..

I remember two more "symptoms". Brushing my teeth around 3am all stoned and fkd up, and looking into the mirror behind me waiting for the ghostlady to rise up from my bathtub from a lying position upwards and stare, eyes wide open. The other when I drove back home with nobody in the car anymore at late hours, looking into the glass-mirror for the kid to pop up in the backseat, just staring silently like he'd been there for minutes, with those big red eyes...urrrr just thinkin' about those moments !!

The 6th Sense was an awesome movie that got spoiled from all the exposure it got. Kinda like a great song getting played everywhere all the time spoils it somewhat. Not scary for me though, just very good.

And yeah, my imagination was just streaming in all directions as a kid...I don't think that's changed much (!!!) but maturity makes you hard, doesn't it ? I'm still more susceptible than most regular ppl to be left a mark on, just because I'm one of those ultra-sensitive ppl. Some guys will just watch anything and forget all about it when the credits start scrolling at the end - zero imagination.

Rec is awesome - the end did make me jump, as did blair witch project - just the end scene is awesome in that.

Aahh I can see why that would be freaky, I didn't effect me as much as it should because for some reason I had worked out the little code that had been put in the film to let you know a dead person was in the scene so I was prepared, I don't mention it outright because I don't want to put a spoiler in but will reveal if you want to know?

Yes please! That would be really interesting.

there ya go, that's the one, man. I was with a friend and he kept saying "I can't take this anymore, I can't take this anymore !!!!" and we were both cringing like hell, that scene just took like 3 days to unfold, there was sunlight when it started and the moon was up by the time it ended...FKN....

And yes, I was very similar with the Grudge. My friends knew it freaked me out badly, two of them were semi-traumatized like me, and they called me up with random numbers and did the voice-creeking noise thing. One friend even sent me an email once back when the internet was all naive, called it like "this band plays live in Qatar" or wtvr, and it was a giant 2MB picture of the lady ghost's face, by the time it loaded on my screen it was too late and I was staring at that face straight up, I think I turned as white as her for a couple of seconds..

I remember two more "symptoms". Brushing my teeth around 3am all stoned and fkd up, and looking into the mirror behind me waiting for the ghostlady to rise up from my bathtub from a lying position upwards and stare, eyes wide open. The other when I drove back home with nobody in the car anymore at late hours, looking into the glass-mirror for the kid to pop up in the backseat, just staring silently like he'd been there for minutes, with those big red eyes...urrrr just thinkin' about those moments !!

The 6th Sense was an awesome movie that got spoiled from all the exposure it got. Kinda like a great song getting played everywhere all the time spoils it somewhat. Not scary for me though, just very good.

And yeah, my imagination was just streaming in all directions as a kid...I don't think that's changed much (!!!) but maturity makes you hard, doesn't it ? I'm still more susceptible than most regular ppl to be left a mark on, just because I'm one of those ultra-sensitive ppl. Some guys will just watch anything and forget all about it when the credits start scrolling at the end - zero imagination.

Your Ju-On trauma is very in line with what I went through! Friends being dicks and the imagination. My mate didn't use email though, he just rang my phone real late from a private number, made very little noise, then at an increasing volume made that Ju-On noise. Big NOPE. We should make a support group for that film, maybe not so helpful now but back then it would've been appropriate lol.

This is why I love scary movies. They leave a mark on you like at certain times at night your imagination will just go a little paranoid and those scenes add to the creative juices. These days they don't really happen. I'm really macho and brave now, but sometimes, just sometimes, I will have to walk really fast to my room after turning off the light. I don't think any genre of film can cause this much effect psychologically!

E.T. scared me a little in the cinema but I really lost it when I got home and thought I saw him hiding behind the toilet as I walked past.

Scariest movie for me was the first half of IT. Funny enough it was even more scary the second time I watched it in my teens.

Yes please! That would be really interesting.

The colour red always appears somewhere when a paranormal scene occurs

Every one fell for the temperature change which is why the twist freaked a lot of people

IMBD has a list of all the points where it occurs but if you have the DVD it's featured in the extras as well.

E.T. scared me a little in the cinema but I really lost it when I got home and thought I saw him hiding behind the toilet as I walked past.

Scariest movie for me was the first half of IT. Funny enough it was even more scary the second time I watched it in my teens.

I read real quick and was wondering how you saw him in real life. It's not meant to be scary at all is it? But it is. Like when he was in the garden. When there was some mystery to him. I don't know he was creepy..

The colour red always appears somewhere when a paranormal scene occurs

Every one fell for the temperature change which is why the twist freaked a lot of people

IMBD has a list of all the points where it occurs but if you have the DVD it's featured in the extras as well.

Thanks for that. I'll have to check out the film again one day.

Last edited:
Blood/gore terrifies me, but supernatural stuff doesn't do much for me at all. So I'm more scared of your run-of-the-mill TV show about surgeons than I am of the Ring or Ju-On or whatever. :p (They are still entertaining, just not that scary.)

I did a ouija board with a friend once and I think I was crying from laughter from it.

Buried was the scariest film I've watched in the last few years. I just get thinking about how if you're in that situation, you basically have no hope but have to wait for death basically. Awful feeling.

Last edited:
By far the exorcist....when I was about 15 and a devout catholic (so believed in just about everything religion wise). Wasn't helped by knowing of a so called exorcism on a possessed girl that went to college here in the 1960s.

Now I watch and think oh dear.

It (Pennywise the Clown)...the sewer scene.."oh yes, it floats". Have jumped everytime he appears. My friends house has a massive back garden that goes down to a river and for some time i was terrified of seeing a white face with big red hair in the distance (especially in the dark) looking up at us. Clowns are notoriously weird with their bs happy act. It is a profession with a massive suicide rate.

Clownhouse...the scene of the kid hiding under the bed trying to shut up the toy to avoid being found by the psychos in clown outfits is particularly frightening. The film is made that bit more weird that the director is a pedo who molested kids during the film.

Texas Chainsaw massacre...the dinner scene.

Pet Semetary...the woman who recalls her starving sister in the back room

Anything that looks real (no special effects) and is possible/based on true story....those are hard to beat.

Stupidly, the first Paranormal Activity scared the **** out of me when I was 15. It was probably the first proper horror movie I'd seen and it just unnerved me with the build up. The following Paranormal Activities and other crap movies like Insidious and the Conjuring just make me happy (especially the Conjuring "I need a U---V light")

Stupidly, the first Paranormal Activity scared the **** out of me when I was 15. It was probably the first proper horror movie I'd seen and it just unnerved me with the build up. The following Paranormal Activities and other crap movies like Insidious and the Conjuring just make me happy (especially the Conjuring "I need a U---V light")
Officer Brad you ****ing king!!!

don't listen to the opening monologue and skip to about 3:20

Like I said I've lost that innocence that 'allowed' me to be so frightened before, but I can still appreciate well made eerie scenes. That caught my attention, like, the weird part of my brain lit up. Won't spoil it here, just watch. The way they chose to make that scene.
Apparently the movie is a bit of a whackoff blah blah affair. Some call it genius...

Last edited by a moderator:
On a lighter note, I watched Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein this past weekend. A real - and still hilarious - classic! :D

das

On a lighter note, I watched Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein this past weekend. A real - and still hilarious - classic! :D

das

*siighhhhhhh*........what the HELL, das !!! WHAT THE HELL !!!!!!

When I was about 10 I watched Jeepers Creepers - that's the most I've ever been scared due to a movie.

Have to admit, these two films genuinely scared the s**t out of me too. Especially Paranormal activity, I was scared for a good few days of leaving my leg out of the covers (i was a 19 year old man).

Also when i lived in Cyprus as a kid (like 5-6, ish) this older kid (about 10 or something) showed me Bram Stoker's Dracula and then left me in the room. I had nightmares for a good 9 years following this. I refused to sleep with the my door closed and always snuk (sneaked?) out of my room every night to put the hall light on (and wait for inevitable bollocking and pant's soilage when my dad turned it off). I now have pretty severe insomnia as an adult - not sure if it is linked though...Anyway i watched it again not too long ago.

Spoiler... It's a freaking love story!

There is my life story, and the reasons i now haunt this very forum. Enjoy

Last edited:
I don't know how I forgot this one because it gave me nightmares for years as a kid. Almost Dead with Shannen Doherty. Turns out it's a really really lowly rated film, but there were scenes of a dead mother who comes back to life. I couldn't forget her scary as face.

Ghosts/supernatural horror movies **** me right up.

Amen to that! Hate horror films even at 39 they give me the trotts. Can just and I mean just about manage Vampires and Zombies but stuff like Woman in black, exorcist, Evil dead, Saw and Hostel are big no nos in the Tallshort house hold.

@Tallshort I love horrors myself and enjoy being scared ****less but my wife can't handle them so i don't watch them that often anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got to be The Sixth Sense. I know lots of people saw the twist coming, but it's still freaky - even watching it now.

Got to be The Sixth Sense. I know lots of people saw the twist coming, but it's still freaky - even watching it now.

But the twist is irrelevant in a lot of ways, the fact I saw it coming and knowing it spoilt my first viewing of it, its a very well put together psychological film not as disturbing as Silence of the Lambs but very good IMHO

Latest posts