Scariest movie you've seen...

Icemn

First XV
Country Flag
Australia
Club or Nation
Hurricanes
mmmm :?

sixth sense...i feel this movie transformed the horror film industry... before this movie, it was all about monstors and serial killers (freddie Cruger/Jason etc)...but this movie actaully made you feel... hey this **** "can" actaully be true...
stirr of echoes... that scene where he leans forwards to switch on the tv and he leans back, then the dead check is sitting there!! i didn't expect it... nearly **** myself!!

the ring is there as well as the grudge... Insidious is also pretty freaky...

It's pathetic but Paranormal Activity freaked me out so much. I know it wasn't all that scary but the idea of an unseen demon thing biding it's time and inevitably killing you freaked me out. Insidious in comparison didn't scare me at all. I found it quite funny. The inclusion of this song made me laugh so much

Last edited by a moderator:
that is the freaky song... that was the scariest part of the movie actually...

Yeah that song is freaky - the singer is a weirdo too.

I'm a big fan or horror movies, have about 90 of them sitting on my shelf, and a few hundred more on my HD.

My top ones? The Descent has some of the scariest moments of any horror movies out there. Drag Me to Hell is mainly funny, but has some great scares too. The Exorcist is one of the few horror films that still remains quite freaky years and years after its release. For movies as a whole, 30 Days of Night and The Mist are great. The Mist, in particular, invoked some strong emotions in me. Dead Silence isn't bad - from the creators of Saw (which aren't particularly scary films, but I find them rather entertaining). Jeepers Creepers scared the crap out of me as a kid, but only has a few freaky scenes when I watch it now... The Paranormal Activity series is great and building suspense, the last twenty minutes of the films are filled with high adrenaline nightmare fuel. Otherwise, REC is quite entertaining, and The Strangers is pretty freaky too.

I watch quite a lot, but most don't really do anything for me (at least since I was 14 or so). One of the few movies to make me feel pretty uncomfortable though is Funny Games (2008 English Version). I did a paper on it for Psychology, studying the main character for Antisocial Personality Disorder. If you're into movies like Saw, you may well like it (although it's more a psychological thriller/horror than pure gore). Not an amazing film by any means, but certainly disturbing.

I watch quite a lot, but most don't really do anything for me (at least since I was 14 or so). One of the few movies to make me feel pretty uncomfortable though is Funny Games (2008 English Version). I did a paper on it for Psychology, studying the main character for Antisocial Personality Disorder. If you're into movies like Saw, you may well like it (although it's more a psychological thriller/horror than pure gore). Not an amazing film by any means, but certainly disturbing.

That one creeped me out a bit, especially once the 'rewind' scene occurs and you have no clue what's happening.

Eden Lake is another kind of scary one, in that it's very 'real'.

That one creeped me out a bit, especially once the 'rewind' scene occurs and you have no clue what's happening.

Eden Lake is another kind of scary one, in that it's very 'real'.

Yeah, that was weird. I think it was done to show that they're messing with the viewer, and that there is not going to be a happy end.

I don't watch horror or scary films, just dont see the point. Jurassic Park scared me as a 12 year old but thats it

Latest posts