<div align='center'>
Scarlets.png
Harlequins.png

Scarlets v Harlequins
Venue: Stradey Park
Date: 11 October 2008
Kickoff - 15:30, Live Sky Sports 2
</div>

Scarlets coach Nigel Davies says he is wary of the Harlequins challenge in Saturday's Heineken Cup opener, the penultimate game at Stradey Park.

"It's going to be a really tough encounter. I've seen Harlequins and they're playing good rugby," he said.

"They have a steely edge about them that they probably haven't had before."

Former Wales captain Jonathan Davies told BBC Wales' Scrum V rugby show: "Harlequins are flying at the moment, they have pace in abundance.

Scarlets can boast a squad that is close to full strength, and are coming off the back of Sunday's 17-26 EDF Energy Cup win at Saracens.

"The win was really important to us for lots of different reasons," said Davies.

"This competition is something we have targeted and to start with an away win is great.

"But in terms of performance there was a lot missing there. We're a new group of people and there's a lot of work to do.

"In the second half the defence went up a couple of notches - but it needed to."

BBC Sport

Tough one to call this.... Quins are flying and if they get quick ball they'll be hard to stop.

Last meaningful game at Stradey as well so I'd expect that the Scarlets would be able to put in a decent farewell performance. Definitely has the making of one of the better games of the weekend.

Istant try for Scarlets, Stoddard down the touchline I think (listening to the radio).

Should have been a second try there, but a scrum to Scarlets on the Harlequins tryline.

Edit: Knock on by Stoddard with the try line begging. Two missed oportunities there then.

Further Edit: Third time lucky, try to Mark Jones in the corner. 10-0 with Stephen Jones missing the conversion.

Half time Scarlets 19-3 Harlequins.

Great first half from the Scarlets. Didn't finish as many chances as I'd like. Sounded like Daniel was gonna be in at the corner just before half time, but Brown hunted him down (quite a feat, as Daniel is quick, very quick) and tackled him a metre short.

Should be able to kick on in the second half and secure the game, would be dissapointed not to get the bonus point also.

I'm not convinced that the ball was grounded or that he had the ball under control for the 2nd try. Definite doubt over that one IMO.

The commentators on Radio Wales seemed uncertain about that touchdown. Their first reaction was that he'd knowcked it on, but the Fourth Official should come to the right conclusion nowerdays with the technology available. Scarlets sounds like they fully deserved the points though, possibly deserved more!

I don't think it's premature of me to say "Scarlets have won". It'll take a miracle right now for Quins to get back into this.

Quins just got a try back, things aren't done yet. They're back within a score!

Edit: **** this is going down hill, Yellow card to Mathew Rees. Undeserved according to the commentators! Scarlets need to dig deep, get some possetion and keep it.

Quins playing a whole better since the break and Scarlets down to 14 for the next 10 mins.

Got to admit... Quins have been a delight to watch this season.

Scarlets got it all to do now.

Stupid bloody Scarlets. The game should have been put away in the first half, but well done to Quins for a good comeback.

Full time: Scarlets 22-29 Harlequins

Quins winning try was beautifully simple. Too simple.

Only saw the opening try and the last 15 mins - Scarlets had a hard time in the end opening up the defence out wide. Like every team this weekend.

And faaaar too many up-and-unders.

Latest posts