Fat Boi
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
Screenshot_20230515_165828.jpg

Bring it on.

La Rochelle play worse rugby, are backed by a billionaire, improved their European champion team. Take Dublin out of the equation and they're favourites.

I think our guys want it more though, just been something about us in this comp this year. Leinster's biggest weakness is a tendency to go through the motions and not react to resistance in a big game, I just can't see us falling into that on Saturday.

If we lose I'll be heading straight home though, it'll be incredibly tough.

If Leinster bottle this, what a pit their stars will fall into prior to the RWC. The pressure is all on them.

La Rochelle won't have their black and yellow army I assume? So that's no adrenaline on tap...

Tough one to call.

Home advantage huge can't see anything other than a 10+ win for Leinster.

If Leinster don't win after throwing away the URC it really will be embarrassing, especially considering their team basically won the grand slam this year.

Leinster will win. But do feel.likes of Van Der Flier and Baird as 2 went too long last Saturday so could be factor but Leinster have too much and are focussed and think the element of surprise La Rochelle may have had last 2 years is gone.
Lancaster will have thought his plan through. Think only area La Rochelle could gain advantage over Leinster is the power game. And that is just as some Leinster lads may have fatigue but think there still too much and this won't even be a 1 score game

If Leinster don't win after throwing away the URC it really will be embarrassing, especially considering their team basically won the grand slam this year.
To be fair see alot saying if Leinster lost this then whole tenure of Lancaster and Cullen is a failure as just 1 European trophy and 4 Leagues was it. But think it bull. Regardless Lancaster has brought Leinster not just the generation presently but a future generation too in and Cullen is probably tthe best manager of the whole ship they have ever had.

To be fair see alot saying if Leinster lost this then whole tenure of Lancaster and Cullen is a failure as just 1 European trophy and 4 Leagues was it. But think it bull. Regardless Lancaster has brought Leinster not just the generation presently but a future generation too in and Cullen is probably tthe best manager of the whole ship they have ever had.
In terms of entire tenure yeah that is harsh. This year though they really should be winning both trophies, but at least one.

In terms of entire tenure yeah that is harsh. This year though they really should be winning both trophies, but at least one.
Yeah don't fully disagree. Many would say last week team selection upped pressure on this week

I just hope it's a close and exciting match.

Last edited:
When you look at Leinster going in to this game there is an argument that it will be the first game they have not played on their own terms. Look at the European campaign to now and they have essentially strolled in to a final.
Every day is a school day as they say but for Leinster the quality of opposition they play week on week in the URC is well below their level. This year as in years gone by they cantered through 75% of games with the B/C team. A lesson was learned the last few weeks though. I believe going forward they may take the business end of the season a little bit more seriously. Blooding young lads is all well and good but young players getting shitmixed by the Bulls away is not great a) for their development and confidence b) the vibe in camp getting into the big games when those numbers go on the board.
URC fixture scheduling I think is very unsympathetic to teams looking to compete on both fronts. That probably should be looked at going forward.

La Rochelle and Saracens are the only teams that have consistently spoiled the Leinstertainment. If last week is anything to go by then I think a decision was made in the team room after Christmas to chase Europe and leave the URC to chance. Having a crack at La Rochelle again is probably the scenario they would have dreamed of then.

Stephen Ferris was questioning will all the rests for alot of Leinster players count against them. Made a fair point when Rowntree said we were battle hardened last week vs Leinster because of playing so much and away like do Leinster loose that edge a bit when lads are put in a protective bubble.

Was a good argument and well comes back to it a genius stroke if you win and questioned if you loose. Personally don't see it being an effect for Leinster in that they are used to this type of scenario especially as they rotate regularly anyways.
Do feel though they will be a bit "meh" over Van Der Flier, Conan and Ryan B last week. The 3 of them had to put in monumental shifts and is hard to get back up there a week after but I'm sure training was tailored for them and they all great athletes. And that game may actually benefit them.

He's listening to ROG too much without watching his team. LaR are well rested too.
To be honest. Haven't been following LaR much myself so not sure if he is or not. My view is and this is speaking from our Munster experience the past few weeks. The bigger the games the less worry over fatigue. As players will be buzzing on adrenaline.
And I don't think Leinster have done anything different than what they have done all season.
The 3 lads I mentioned was more as they punishment they put their bodies through last week with high volume of tackles is harder to recover from naturally than a lad just fatigued from lots of running but equally I know some of Leinster medical guys and they will have them well prepared and recovered.
I think Leinster will move LaR around too much to really be caught by LaR power and that will be the winning of it. They will get in front early and LaR won't be able to catch up.

To be honest. Haven't been following LaR much myself so not sure if he is or not. My view is and this is speaking from our Munster experience the past few weeks. The bigger the games the less worry over fatigue. As players will be buzzing on adrenaline.
And I don't think Leinster have done anything different than what they have done all season.
The 3 lads I mentioned was more as they punishment they put their bodies through last week with high volume of tackles is harder to recover from naturally than a lad just fatigued from lots of running but equally I know some of Leinster medical guys and they will have them well prepared and recovered.
I think Leinster will move LaR around too much to really be caught by LaR power and that will be the winning of it. They will get in front early and LaR won't be able to catch up.
Ah yeah, at least two of the three you mentioned are well able for the back to back shifts at the next level so I'm not too worried.

Seen a lot of talk re Leinster resting guys and LaR slogging it out, that's just not the case though. They play more rugby for sure but are still soundly rotated, as they should be.

Ah yeah, at least two of the three you mentioned are well able for the back to back shifts at the next level so I'm not too worried.

Seen a lot of talk re Leinster resting guys and LaR slogging it out, that's just not the case though. They play more rugby for sure but are still soundly rotated, as they should be.
Yeah but as I said when it at this stage and pitches are bit harder it is easier than middle of winter on heavy pitches in cold weather.
And yeah wouldn't worry about lads doing heavy shift. I think Leinster know it will be 23 man effort but will be interesting to see will they roll dice and go 6-2 split.
Personally I would maybe keep the 5-3 as backs will be vital here too.

Yeah but as I said when it at this stage and pitches are bit harder it is easier than middle of winter on heavy pitches in cold weather.
And yeah wouldn't worry about lads doing heavy shift. I think Leinster know it will be 23 man effort but will be interesting to see will they roll dice and go 6-2 split.
Personally I would maybe keep the 5-3 as backs will be vital here too.
Jaysus, you must be getting better weather in Limerick!

Latest posts