• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Investec Champions Cup 23/24 - Semi Finals

We hear this every game across loads of different European refs. I reckon Leinster games are being officiated properly.

I think Toulouse will be marginal favourites or else it'll be a dead heat with the bookies. Leinster have only really played one good game this season.
So if u get that every game is that because everyone is sore losers or is there an element of preconceived strengths of teams and the breakdown in this instance so lots is let go, you honestly telling me the final ruck of this game was officiated properly? if so you've lost the credibility I had in you, Leincester are a fantastic outfit and were the better team for 60 minutes there's little debait there, you adapt and play to the ref but the ref letting lots go doesn't change the officiating being good or not. Just wish there was more consistency, be it the premiership adopting the style of reffing other comps get or vice versa would be an improvement as they would atleast be conditioned to it just seems worlds apart at times.

So if u get that every game is that because everyone is sore losers or is there an element of preconceived strengths of teams and the breakdown in this instance so lots is let go, you honestly telling me the final ruck of this game was officiated properly? if so you've lost the credibility I had in you, Leincester are a fantastic outfit and were the better team for 60 minutes there's little debait there, you adapt and play to the ref but the ref letting lots go doesn't change the officiating being good or not. Just wish there was more consistency, be it the premiership adopting the style of reffing other comps get or vice versa would be an improvement as they would atleast be conditioned to it just seems worlds apart at times.
When more is being made of this:

Than this:

I think it's more likely we're dealing with sore losers for the most part to be honest.

Than this:

I think it's more likely we're dealing with sore losers for the most part to be honest.

It's pointless the score said we lost. Never any point moaning about it. You can't change it. Saints didn't get embarrassed and it was closer than many predicted. I'll take that rather than wallow about it. Definitely not sore.

It's pointless the score said we lost. Never any point moaning about it. You can't change it. Saints didn't get embarrassed and it was closer than many predicted. I'll take that rather than wallow about it. Definitely not sore.
I don't think it's Saints fans at all, totally magnanimous. It's a consistent thing with Leinster after every game that comments about reffing are made. Sore losers wouldn't be the term I choose but was just replying to the last post.

Its definitely worse when they play an English side on TNT because that involves listening to Healey and co for 80mins who aren't impartial and talk a lot about the ref.

The Rahm play was checked because Lawes went to ref as there was an injury check and ref said no it continues as normal. If you watch on tv

Than this:

I was commenting soley on the breakdown, I had the tv muted so wasn't actually influenced by commentary on this one, I don't think saints lost due to officials and never claimed such, I just think there is often a lot let go in the breakdown, I also think for what ever reason Exe several seasons ago got away with an awefull lot to, I don't think anyone intentionally refs that way, what I do think is there is a pre conceived particular strength of a team and that often influences calls rather than what's actually occurring on the pitch.

I'll be confident but not close to taking anything for granted. Absolute wanted this final for the last three seasons so delighted it's here.
Think this was the final that always offered the most in terms of a competitiveness and entertainment balance wise.

I was commenting soley on the breakdown, I had the tv muted so wasn't actually influenced by commentary on this one, I don't think saints lost due to officials and never claimed such, I just think there is often a lot let go in the breakdown, I also think for what ever reason Exe several seasons ago got away with an awefull lot to, I don't think anyone intentionally refs that way, what I do think is there is a pre conceived particular strength of a team and that often influences calls rather than what's actually occurring on the pitch.

Yeah that's fair. I think refs have an impossible job at the breakdown. Like even that last breakdown was a mess and Raynal is as tired at the players at that point (probably influencing the strange decision to go the far side of the ruck to the ball).

Random inconsistency, in my opinion, is way better than Wayne Barnes type refereeing where he used random consistency in a game by picking out one or two specific things to crack down on (generally something he studied about one of the teams too). That affected the result of games far more in my opinion. Generally the French guys pick up the most obvious infringements with one or two gaffs in a game.

Luke Pearce is rumoured to be frontrunner for the final. Karl Dickson also being under consideration.

Raynal let anything go at be he breakdown but, saints should have known that and should have reacted quicker. The Leinster forwards reacted really well and I can't fault them but saints just didn't adapt.

It's funny how all refs are still so different and then there is Karl Dickson who is just guff.

I don't think it's Saints fans at all, totally magnanimous. It's a consistent thing with Leinster after every game that comments about reffing are made. Sore losers wouldn't be the term I choose but was just replying to the last post.

Its definitely worse when they play an English side on TNT because that involves listening to Healey and co for 80mins who aren't impartial and talk a lot about the ref.

One of the worst things about rugby currently.

Latest posts