English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
screencapture-epcrugby-champions-cup-matches-2023-12-12-12_47_44 (1).jpg

Still expecting a Munster win against us but I do wonder what side they will send with Leinster at home the week after.

Beating Munster will be a tough ask but i really thought that away vs Toulon(even at half time). I cant see is going far in the champions cup but i know we can get some wins on the way and we normally step up at home.

Still expecting a Munster win against us but I do wonder what side they will send with Leinster at home the week after.
After a draw last week they will have to go big vs us and Leinster. Can see us getting an easy ride. Although if they'd leave Tadhg Beirne at home id be greatful.

After a draw last week they will have to go big vs us and Leinster. Can see us getting an easy ride. Although if they'd leave Tadhg Beirne at home id be greatful.
We don't have to go big vs Leinster. If ye watched over the years it rare either team goes full on in that game. We have to adhere to resting guys. Also lets not forget there is a 9 day gap to Leinster game.

We don't have to go big vs Leinster. If ye watched over the years it rare either team goes full on in that game. We have to adhere to resting guys. Also lets not forget there is a 9 day gap to Leinster game.
Fair enough, i do think you will go strong vs us though. But again like last week win or lose it will be a great experience for alot of young players.

Is it top 4 that go through in each pool? With 1 game against each team that isnt in your league?

Fair enough, i do think you will go strong vs us though. But again like last week win or lose it will be a great experience for alot of young players.

Is it top 4 that go through in each pool? With 1 game against each team that isnt in your league?
Yes Top 4 so I think 6-8 points will do it.

We should be stronger this week with Daly, Zebo, O'Mahony, Frisch, Edogbo, Jager, Barron and Kilcoyne all winning battles to get back fit.

Ah, expect us to continue our regression and get turned over fairly handily.

The high water mark appears to have been that semi-final in the URC a couple of years back that the fellas threw away at the death.

I've got big expectations vs Toulon but I'm hoping we have a few more back from injuries as the squads looks a little shallow right now.

Ah, expect us to continue our regression and get turned over fairly handily.

The high water mark appears to have been that semi-final in the URC a couple of years back that the fellas threw away at the death.
You really think Sarries best days are in the past? I wouldn't be surprised for them to kick on, I am not sure any premiership can compete in Europe due to a combination of budget restraints & maybe just not good every current crop, with that said Sarries will be there, or there abouts in the prem play off for some time yet I would think, if Faz doesn't get re-introduced internationally It will be a big boost, I don't care what anyone says, they are a different team with him.

I'd usually back us at home against just about any side but our form and selections have been a bit off of late. Probably we need La Rochelle sending a 2nd team. But I expect they value the tournament too much and we will also be going all in here so likely to see a lineup of

1 Harris / Gqoboca
2 Dweba / Venter
3 Malherbe / Fouche
4 Van Heerden / Stassen
5 Porter / Smith
6 Fourie
7 Dayimani / Theunissen
8 Roos
9 De Wet / Jantijes
10 Libbok / Blommetjies with a 6-2
11 Zas
12 Willemse
13 Nel
14 Loader
15 Gelant

Last edited:
I'd usually back us at home against just about any side but our form and selections have been a bit off of late. Probably we need La Rochelle sending a 2nd team.

I don't know if they can afford to after losing one of their home games.

It will be as full strength as possible. This game is make or break.

We should get 7 players back (O'Mahony, Campbell, Edogbo, Daly, Jager, Zebo, Barron) this week and I expect them all to feature, with Edogbo, Daly, O'Mahony and Barron at least to start. I'd start Jager as well.

We should have Frisch back as well (hopefully).

Hoping we are different beasts this week, but I think Exeter as two point favorites is fair

Both Byrnes out. Time for Sam bby.

Lots of calls for Frawley but I think we really lacked shape v Munster and in the 2nd half last weekend. I think with the current options he's the perfect 22 / 23 for Leinster and Ireland, he might not like that but he needs to add things to his game that HB and Sam already have.

Latest posts