• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heineken Cup 2022/23: Semi Finals

By not hitting your man's head?
He's coming in upright initiating the contact in just about every example of any head on head incident I have ever seen it's the player initiating the contact that's put under the microscope not the mostly static one that was cheap as hell imo.

You'd also have to question if VDF is in control he's coming it at distance clearly annoyed at losing the initial one he stands to gain nothing (outside of the yellow) the ball was more than secure by then.

Listening to rte radio so no idea if it's a good call or not but a Barnes yellow is a usual red.

Toulouse have no one to blame but themselves. Playing themselves out of the game.

He's coming in upright initiating the contact in just about every example of any head on head incident I have ever seen it's the player initiating the contact that's put under the microscope not the mostly static one that was cheap as hell imo.
Yeah just forget about the headbutt and it's completely his fault. 👍

This is the kinda game where if it was the groups you'd say Toulouse were focusing on the top 14 this year

No effort, no grit, the players genuinely don't look like they care that they're being embarrassed this hard - head coach is the only one with a Toulouse badge that is showing any passion

Yeah just forget about the headbutt and it's completely his fault. 👍
I said initially faultless, let's confirm a few facts here, did he come in from distance in an upright position which could easily result in dangerous contact, yes, did he actually stand to gain anything (outside of this yc) no, the ball was secure I don't know if the French player intentionally head butted him if so he more than deserves it but we are talking nano seconds and trying to prevent getting your head taken off, VDF was most defiantly not faultless.

Pretty meaty for an off the ball - not red territory though so he's gotten away with that, as he won't get cited
Barnes literally watching it happen as well

I said initially faultless, let's confirm a few facts here, did he come in from distance in an upright position which could easily result in dangerous contact, yes, did he actually stand to gain anything (outside of this yc) no, the ball was secure I don't know if the French player intentionally head butted him if so he more than deserves it but we are talking nano seconds and trying to prevent getting your head taken off, VDF was most defiantly not faultless.
The French lad made the exact same action before VdF came in when he was just standing there, VdF ran back to where he was and copped a headbutt for it. It's clear as day he was looking for trouble.

It's clear as day he was looking for trouble.
They both were, tbf
The only reason VDF went back for seconds was to put a hit on him because his initial clearout didn't have the desired effect, that's why he went upright with the tucked arm

No different from a million other rucks though, just the Toulouse player throwing the nut in was unexpected/a new level of dumb

Absolute demolition job

Everyone said this was the real final and Leinster barely broke a sweat

Exeter/La Rochelle are going to have to put on their big boy pants to keep the final respectable

Absolute demolition job

Everyone said this was the real final and Leinster barely broke a sweat

Exeter/La Rochelle are going to have to put on their big boy pants to keep the final respectable
Think La Rochelle can give Leinster a very good game. I think Exeter would get BTFO even if they beat La Rochelle. Just a horrible matchup

Leinster were clinical as hell when against 14 men they will take some beating, I can understand some Toulouse fans feeling a bit aggrieved with having been penalised twice and Leinster getting away with at-least one.

Think La Rochelle can give Leinster a very good game. I think Exeter would get BTFO even if they beat La Rochelle. Just a horrible matchup
Do La Rochelle have the backs to do that though?
I think Leinster deal with their pack, after how little Leicester and Toulouse bothered them, and run them ragged with their backline

Leinster in Ireland should be easy favourites really

I think La Rochelle will put up a tougher fight but this Leinster time will go down as the biggest chokers if they don't finish the job now

I think Leinster deal with their pack, after how little Leicester and Toulouse bothered them, and run them ragged with their backline
danty at12 and former boks on the wings. Their only weakness is really the flyhalf and that didn't matter last year.

I'd take them in a one off against anyone cause of their anti-rugby. Don't think either them or Toulouse will win top 14 though

Danty is better than the entire OVERRATED Leinster backline single handedly. I also hope Dillane plays and Mike Tyson's Molonys face off

Reckon we have it in Dublin but I won't be confident if it's La Rochelle. Let's go Exeter.
Im not confident of beating La Rochelle, i think we will try to play our old tactics of the possesion game and making the big men make alot of tackles, but i think we will get unstuck by being beaten at the breakdown.

So sorry but im pretty sure you'll be playing the Frenchies

Well done Leinster, but bar the first 2 minutes the game never lived up to the hype. Toulouse the architects of their own downfall but yet another match where a card led to an irrevocable momentum shift.

Latest posts