• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scary, very scary

B

BokMagic

Had myself a fishing competition on Sunday, surf fishing at Kabeljauws beach here in J`Bay. Now, Kabeljauws is less than 2km from my favourite surfing spot, Supertubes- where the annual Billabong Pro ASP event is hosted in July.

Now for the scary part- the biggest fish I pulled out, was a 2.5m, 136kg monster of a "raggie". And it was far from the biggest shark caught on the day. In fact, it was one of about 50 sharks in total. On a single day.

Hmmm, guess I`m gonna have to rethink my favourite surfing spot in future. No sense in becoming shark bait eh?

How many of these sharks are known for attacking people?

What the hell are you doing surfing anyway? You live in SA. Your seas are synonymous with scary, big-jawed, man-eating, bastarding sharks!

holly **** man - be careful aye - I had only one encounter with a 1.50m shark north of the NZ North Island (couldn't tell if it was a brown shark or another sort) but i tell you i got straight out of the water... these things freak the **** out of me - and if I am alone surfing I look everywhere looking for the odd dorsal fin...

I have heard there are shark watchers in SA.. i hope they don't f*** around at work aye...

How many of these sharks are known for attacking people?

What the hell are you doing surfing anyway? You live in SA. Your seas are synonymous with scary, big-jawed, man-eating, bastarding sharks!
[/b]
The west coast of SA is littered with sharks due to alot of reasons, one big one being the seals in that region is thier staple diet. Here on the east coast by me there aren't many sharks. Now what you have to look out for here are those damn semi-salt water crocodiles! True story. I've seen them chilling on the beach before and read an article on it in the local newspaper.

Only in Africa haha

Latest posts