• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Schicfoske ==> Reds???

D

dobrien7

Just heard on sports news this morning, can you aussie chaps clear this up? Is Clinton Schicfoske (sp) going to switch from league to rugby and play for the Queensland Reds?

Schifcofske to switch
Monday, 10 July 2006 @ 7:56 PM
sportal.com.au

Canberra Raiders fullback Clinton Schifcofske is almost certain to switch to codes to rugby union and join the Queensland Reds Super 14 team at the end of this season, according to his manager.

Schifcofske is technically signed to the Raiders until the end of 2008 but he has a 'get out' clause' when coach Matthew Elliot leaves at the end of this year for the Panthers.

Steve Gillis, Schifcofske's manager, said he is "90 per cent" confident the fullback will exercise his contractual rights and use the get out clause to join the Queensland Super 14 team.

Former Walalbies head coach Eddie Jones has been actively pursuing Schifcofske since taking over in control of the Reds last month and according to Gillis, Jones met with the State of Origin star last Friday to work out details of the switch of codes.

"We are in the process of nutting out a deal now so we're moving forward," Gillis, said.

"I think there's now a very realistic chance he's going to go.

"He's spoken to some people about where he's at and what he wants to do and he's serious about it."

The Reds were thought to be out of the running for the 30-year-old's signature when the Australian Rugby Union refused to top up his deal but third-party sponsorship funds have become available for the Reds to sweeten the deal.

In other transfer news, however, the manager of Newcastle Knights second rower Steve Simpson has ruled out any chance his client will switch codes to union.

The representative forward is off-contract at the end of this season and it is understood at least six league clubs and at least one Super 14 franchise are after his signature.

"He won't be in rugby union," said Simpson's manager George Mimis, who indicated Simpson would prefer to stay with the Knights.

"There are parties that have expressed some very strong interest but our priority is to try to conclude a deal with the Knights," Mimis said.

[/b]

http://ninemsn.sportal.com.au/default.aspx...isplay&id=85282

well done dave, well done :)

:wall: :ranting: :cryy: :%#%#: :rahh: :ranting:

he will announce today he is leaving

get ready for the fanfair backlash, and disgust from raiders management

only 2 weeks ago he stressed his loyalties with the raiders, when it was evident the reds couldnt come up with the funds

now they can come up with the funds it seems, those comment by the farkin twat himself were all lies

Mcintyre is going to publically humiliate clinton.........by mentioning the contradiction of his comments v actions

he should be dropped for the rest of the year - bring in chalk, goodwin or zillman for the remainder of the year @ #1

i dont think we can make the finals anyways based on the last 2 weeks

FARK YOU CLINTON - YOU HAVE BEEN IMPEACHED!!!!

:wall: :wall: :rahh:

Great news

Little old to be making the switch but the Reds need all the help they can get.

Keep them coming

I think you're being pretty harsh AK... Sure the guy crapped on about bullshit like loyalty, but he only has a couple years left in his career so of course he's gonna try and cash in as much as possible before he becomes useless and is forced to drive a truck for a living :p .

Originally posted by sanzar@Jul 11 2006, 07:41 PM
I think you're being pretty harsh AK... Sure the guy crapped on about bullshit like loyalty, but he only has a couple years left in his career so of course he's gonna try and cash in as much as possible before he becomes useless and is forced to drive a truck for a living :p .
According to The Courier Mail the Raiders contract is better.

Originally posted by sanzar@Jul 11 2006, 07:41 PM
mate when you blatantly lie to the FANS as the CAPTAIN OF YOUR CLUB....if anything i am being very lenient

A visit to his front door, and a few sparks in his letterbox is the least i can do

Here read this....if you want the full details......this is from another raider fan

Dear Clinton...

Would you please explain this letter you had written on the raiders website on the 24/6/06:

“There’s been a fair amount of talk this week about my commitment with the Raiders, and a lot of speculation about what my future is and where I’ll be playing next year.
I like to think that I am the type of bloke who makes a decision quickly and does the best thing by his family, so I am pleased to announce that I will be remaining in Canberra next year.
The thought of leaving Canberra and heading back to Queensland was obviously something that I looked at very seriously, not only from a football perspective but also a family one.
It’s been ten years since I left my home north of the border, and it’s somewhere that my family will probably end up eventually when my playing career comes to an end.
Both mine and my wife Niomi’s families are from up that way, and returning to them with our young family has a lot of positives for us, in respects to raising our children and settling down long term.
The talk and speculation of me playing for the Reds in the Super 14 was just an option I had explored through my player manager, and as my manager he was only checking out suitable alternatives that would best suit the needs of me and my family.
Having said that I would like to reassure everyone here in Canberra that I genuinely want to stay and play for the Raiders, and that I am still 100 per cent committed to a team that I love playing for.
As I have been saying for some time now Canberra is a great place to live and play footy, and an even better place to raise a family and meet new people.
I have been here for six years now and I love the place, I love the people, the lifestyle and especially the Raiders, and captaining the side is something that I hold in a very high regard.
There is no better feeling than walking of Canberra Stadium with a cheering crowd after a win, and I have shown publicly this year after some of these victories how good that feeling is.
I just hope that everyone understands that the move to Queensland was only ever an option for me, and it would have taken a fair amount of persuading for me to head that way.
Obviously Rugby Union would be a huge challenge, and it’s something that a lot of Rugby League players have decided to take on over the past few years.
Seeing guys like Matt Rogers, Lote Tuquiri and now Ryan Cross make the move makes you wonder if you could also cross codes, and it is something that I would really have to think hard about before making a change.
In the same respects any move oversees to England would be an equally hard challenge and a huge lifestyle change for my family and my football, so it was only an outside chance that either change would happen.
There was one constant that always remained in the equation though, and that was the support and encouragement I have received from people in and around the Raiders community.
I would like to thank those of you who have supported me over the last week, and in particular the people who took the time to write to me with there best wishes and support.
It’s the supporters like yourselves who make decisions like this a lot easier, and I just hope I can repay your faith in me with some good performances on the field for the rest of my time in the lime green.â€

I am confused Clinton. Does this letter not state your intention and desire to remain with the Raiders? You make it clear you are staying and that it was only an option to go to RU. And your comments re: support from Raiders fans. the thrill of running onto Canberra Stadium, is that still true? IF so, why leave?

Explain it to me Clinton...i am a little confused......

Get lost Clinton......you have been impeached!!!!!!

Also people just spare this thought

These are the people leaving the raiders at end of this year

Mogg
J Smith
Woolford
Croker (potentially)
Shif (if this goes thru)

Now as the current captain of the club.............would you leave given the exodus of experience leaving at the same time

Now lets look............I can count over 1000 first Grade games experience lost in 1 silly season of trading.

Remember Shif is contracted for another 2 years - he is exercising his exit clause, coz Elliot is leaving...its not as if he is taking a pay cut......he has 2 years left on the same $$....now the NRL (Gallop) is jumping in, for a post career NRL job....the ARU exodus is getting out of hand

We are on the cuff of losing over 1000 1st grade games experience.
SHOULD THE CAPTAIN LEAVE..........NO CHANCE IN HELL. :wall:

Its times like these I miss Ruben Wiki...the only man in league with a true heart n soul :wah:

I se your point AK, but come on.......... Clinton's a great guy, and I'm a Raiders supporter as well, but didn't he always express his urge to return to QLD? Now maybe it's in a different code, but that may be what is best for his family. He is not just a player, he can't stay just because of the team, what if his family did influence him?

Would you have had the same problem if he'd gone to the Broncos or Cowboys or ***ans???

Also, congrats to the Reds, but heck isn't he a bit old???

Originally posted by Jacko@Jul 12 2006, 12:16 PM
Would you have had the same problem if he'd gone to the Broncos or Cowboys or ***ans???

I'd have a problem no matter where he goes

the fact he says this

I like to think that I am the type of bloke who makes a decision quickly and does the best thing by his family, so I am pleased to announce that I will be remaining in Canberra next year.

so whats this move to QLD all about family for then???

He's a liar...nothing else matters

And a Drug cheat - As they say never trust them....I should have seen this coming

Its official!!!

Shif is gooorrrrne to the REDS

Now Minichello and Hodgson are rattling in their boots

As Big MARSHALL CHALK finally get his well deserved starting spot at FB...starting next year............NSW blues will be back!!

Marshall Chalk is part of the great club:

Benji Marshall
Malcom Marshall
Marshall Faulk - Chalk's long lost cousin
Chalk Berger
Marshall Mathers

Some of you may or may not know - This guy is a superstar in the making and Elliot @ the raiders, has ruined his chance this year, by picking Purtell and Howell on the flanks (at the dismaze of all raiders members).....seriously go out and watch Chalk............coz Marshall matters!!! :bleh!:

Now **** off Clinton!!! - give up your captaincy and let us move on without you

Latest posts