• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scotland Are Much Stronger

R

rugbyunionfan

than they have been the past few years, they will not be easybeats in the 6N this year
they put up more of a fight against the all blacks than both ireland and wales

good to see them back on track and with some decent athletes in there

I was very impressed with their front row. So it was a 50/50 battle a lot of the time with Taumoepeau and Afoa who aren't the frontrunning AB props but it was still good nonetheless.

Also that number 22 who came on was the meanest hot stepper. If only he played in NZ where he would develop into a very fine player alround. I think he may have been the guy who scored the try so he had some pace on him too. Well done!

I was very pleased to see Scotland running around quite a lot in the second half... They certainly looked the most dangerous when they were doing that.

Great vision by Blair and then Lamont for that 70 metre run from their own line.

I am looking forward to next years 6n as all the teams have been improving. Scotland are looking like they're old selves again & Italy are getting better every year.

yeah the 6N will be interesting i think the scots have improved imensly, was surprised. but they also could have just lifted themselves for the all blacks. but there is no reason why they can't do that every week

good ole toddy blackadder must be making a difference over there
<

Yeah, good to see Scotland looking stronger, wouldn't be overly surprised if they can push for third place in the 6 Nations. Not inconceiveable, they have England and France at home, they're due another win against the top 2. They'll certainly be capable of winning in Dublin and Italy, while the Welsh game could go either way, depending on injuries.

yeah fair play scotland looked pretty descent, but lets not forget that one performance doesnt mean theyre back as people have said, they need to get some consistency and i do believe that with some good results they can shock a few people in the 6 nations but realistically, i cant see past wal,fra or england this year. But if scotland do continue to improve, as they are then it certainly bodes well for 2007.

Originally posted by rugbyunionfan@Nov 28 2005, 10:18 AM
good ole toddy blackadder must be making a difference over there
<
Yeah, he teaches them what not to do.

Originally posted by woosaah@Nov 28 2005, 08:28 AM
yeah the 6N will be interesting i think the scots have improved imensly, was surprised. but they also could have just lifted themselves for the all blacks. but there is no reason why they can't do that every week
Didn't they all lift for the AB's? Even the local club down the road would have its players lifting if they were told they were playing the AB's......

Personally, I will be going for Scotland in the 6 nations. They just seemed to play a very positive game against the AB's in the weekend, and they actually looked good.

England seemed to step it up as well, but looked pretty useless on attack.

In the Scotland game, even though the second half scoring was equal, they can claim it as a victory, as they definitely looked good, and created a lot of opportunites against supposedly the best defensive team in the world.

The national side will take a couple years to maybe contest the 6 nations ***le but certainly 2006 will be a far improved year - potential wins against italy, wales and ireland but only if we play like we can.

And let's not forget - the club's are doing well too. I mean Edinburgh (woo!) are definatley capable of winnging the Celtic League. The Borders have also improved, they're no longer whipping boys in the League. Glasgow, well they're better than they used to be, but not that much.

Originally posted by ..::ERIC::..@Nov 28 2005, 01:39 PM
Ireland hardly lifted themselves against the ABs...
Yes they did.....they had a go in the first 20 mins........

....but after 20 mins of entering rucks and coming out sore they gave up the ghost......or was it the leprachaun.....or the golden pot at the end of the rainbow......no perhaps the clover........probably they gave up trying to avenge BOD.....or pretending to that is.........

And Kaffy.......
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
In the Scotland game, even though the second half scoring was equal, they can claim it as a victory, as they definitely looked good, and created a lot of opportunites against supposedly the best defensive team in the world.[/b]
Why don't we divide a game into 5 minute sections while we are at it.......therefore Scotland would feel better about themselves since they would have won a few.

Rugby is psychological MORE than it is physical.....players play according to the score and the time..................the AB's were being idiots in the second half more than the Scots were playing better than them.........

Latest posts