• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scotland v Portugal

Portugal have played well for what they are. They are strong but are not there just to defend. Scotland have looked ok, but hard to tell really.

Lamont is following up on his performance vs South Africa in the warm up game.

I think the big problem is that we're not really playing to our full abillity cause we don't really need to. I imagine Hadden has told the team to go out there. get the bonus point and a few scores but most of all to avoid injury.

We need to be more clinical, use our pack more and bring Webbo and the Lamont brothers into it more. Also, get Di Rollo a plane ticket back to Edinburgh...well hopefully not Edinburgh actually.

Nearly a second try for Portugal. Unlucky, I didn't see the decision but it sounded fishy by what the commentators and crowd sounded like.

Would have been 28-17.

It is 28-10

LMAO at the players smile after he returned from the Sin Bin!

Portugal have made this the best atmosphere of the World Cup so far.

Memeries of Italy fromt eh 6Nations when that interception happened! We need to stop stupid passes like that before the next games!

Yeah, sure is! though Parks played well, better than most peoples expectations!

I have to say that this team have made Portugal proud, dead proud. They've played their hearts out to stay in touch and have enjoyed every moment. Superb rugby at times from the Portuguese and its nice to see Scotland up for the contest too.

Steve Walsh has proved why we need to ban New Zealand from producing referees. Absolutely abysmal refereeing at times, especially over disallowing the 2nd Portugal try.

The Portuguese team are an honour to rugby and their nation! Bring on the All Blacks I say! :D

I am really happy and proud for the Portuguese act.
They played like really wolfs.

And i heard that the match player would be portuguese player Vasco Uva. If that is true is another victory for us.

I hope Portugal dignified Rugby and their presence in the world cup.

I have to say I was very, very impressed by Portugal, it seems most people who trashed them never bothered to watch them play.

They were never going to win but they weren't overawed, and as the ITV guy said, they never stopped enjoying themselves. Admirable

Good attitude to the game from Portugal.

Scotland looked fine. Nothing to worry about for them.

I'm really proud. The national anthem, watching the way they sang it, was touching. The attitude towards the game was great.

The referee... well, could be a little bir more "friendly" for us.....

But it was great.

Congratulations LOBOS. :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

Yeah well, it is a commonly accepted fact that New Zealand should be banned from ever producing any referees but, well, what can you do eh?

The rules are the rules and should be applied to each team. There were few infringements from Portugal in the rucks that went unpunnsihed so I don't think they should complain.

You know, I think it's the first I remember Scotland being booed for scoring a try. I mean, I know the neutrals tend to support the smaller teams but I didn;t get the booing when Paterson was converting Ford's try.

A decent win with good individual perfomances. We need to cut out small errors and be more clinical. Rory Lamont was impressive, Parks had a good game and Murray showed he has still got it. Di Rollo was rank rotten, Dewey made some basic errors and our back row had a quiet, but not poor, game.

Onwards and upwards though.

I'm very proud of the portuguese team. I never expected a victory, but this was great to watch. I jumped in my room when we converted the try!

anyway - the ref owed us one after causing us to exit at the QF stage last time out - apparently a deliberate punch during open play only deserves a "mate, can you try not to do that again"

as for scotland, not their best performance. a few sloppy moments but hopefully we can iron these out in time for Romania. well done to R. Lamont, settling into the FB position nicely and deserved a hat-trick today (that should never have been disallowed)

Well done to Portugal though, they (along with Namibia and Canada) have today shown that the tier 2&3 nations are able to compete with the top teams - i dont think it will be long before these teams start to win games against the big guns - which can only be good for rugby.

anyway - the ref owed us one after causing us to exit at the QF stage last time out - apparently a deliberate punch during open play only deserves a "mate, can you try not to do that again"

as for scotland, not their best performance. a few sloppy moments but hopefully we can iron these out in time for Romania. well done to R. Lamont, settling into the FB position nicely and deserved a hat-trick today (that should never have been disallowed)

Well done to Portugal though, they (along with Namibia and Canada) have today shown that the tier 2&3 nations are able to compete with the top teams - i dont think it will be long before these teams start to win games against the big guns - which can only be good for rugby.
[/b]
Hope you're right. It'd be great to see Portugal win a game this WC, if not possible, maybe next time.

Good game for both teams, specialy for Portugal, by obvious reasons.
Man of the mach, our captain, Vasco Uva, who in fact is not a Rugby player, but a lawyer...and is team mates are students, doctors, engineers, designers, etc...Don't you forget about that! That's our victory!!!

It was a disillusion that decision by Mr Walsh...I woud like very much to see again that off-side...but in the game it wasn't the only one...I've saw same games from S14 with some bad decisions from this gentleman...but ok...

The scotish are a top team and we're a brave team :bravo: Força Lobos!!!
Cheers!

the national anthem was a great moment for Portugal.

In fact i hink the referee made some mistakes, but it was a nice game... I liked to see the will of the portuguese players. And nice to see too that Scotland are up to make good games and to play good rugby.