Scotland.png
Versus%20Eccellenza.png
Italy.png

Venue: Murrayfield
Date: Saturday 19th March 2011
Kick Off: 14:30 GMT
Referee: Steve Walsh

Going to be a right battle this one

If Italy and win, and England beat Ireland Italy have a slim chance of finishing 4th which would be tip top (though would need either a massive drubbing in one of the matches, or two fairly sizeable wins to get the points difference in Italys favour)

Not sure how this will go,
Scotland looked much better against England and are chasing their first win (which they'll desperately want) but Italy looked better against France (though Italy in rome >>>>>>>> Italy anywhere else)
It'll be close whichever way it goes, <5pts in it

If Scotland play with the solidity and control that they did against England I can't see them losing this one. Have Italy ever one 2 in one championship before by the way?

This is going to be a close one, should be a good game between as usual, like every year the two worse teams in the Six Nations. Scotland should win with home advantage and to be fair Scotland have lost all four of their games but they've been in all of them.

Scotland better win, don't think there should be any real changes to the XV for Scotland. I also think Jackson has gotten quite a bit better between games and going up against a team that is not England at home should provide him with even more confidence.

I hope Italy win, Getting a win away from Rome would be a real boost for them, and they really deserve it after their display against the French. I would support the celtic nation, but I always have a desire for the underdog to win (unless they're playing England or Wales of course :p) and at Murray field against a team hungrier than ever for a win, Italy are very much the underdogs.

As has been said Scotland should wins this, so long as Parks is kept off the pitch, that way Scotland have more chance of keeping the ball and not handing it to the opposition as the last 30 mins on Sunday showed.

Scotland:
Paterson (Edinburgh);
M Evans (Glasgow Warriors),
Ansbro (Northampton),
S Lamont (Scarlets),
Danielli (Ulster);
Jackson (Glasgow Warriors),
Lawson (Gloucester);
Jacobsen (Edinburgh),
Ford (Edinburgh),
Low (Glasgow Warriors),
Gray (Glasgow Warriors),
Kellock (Glasgow Warriors, captain),
Hines (Leinster),
Barclay (Glasgow Warriors),
Brown (Saracens).

Replacements: S Lawson (Gloucester), E Murray (Newcastle), Vernon (Glasgow Warriors), Strokosch (Gloucester), Blair (Edinburgh), Parks (Cardiff Blues), De Luca (Edinburgh).

Italy:
Masi (Racing Metro);
Benvenuti (Treviso),
Canale (Clermont Auvergne),
Sgarbi (Treviso),
Mirco Bergamasco (Stade Francais);
Burton (Treviso),
Semenzato (Treviso);
Perugini (Aironi),
Ghiraldini (Treviso),
Castrogiovanni (Leicester),
Del Fava (Aironi),
Geldenhuys (Aironi),
Zanni (Treviso),
Derbyshire (Treviso),
Parisse (Stade Francais).

Replacements: Festuccia (Racing Metro), Lo Cicero (Racing Metro), Bernabo (Treviso), Barbieri (Treviso), Canavosio (Aironi), Orquera (Brive), McLean (Treviso).

Scotland:
Paterson (Edinburgh);
M Evans (Glasgow Warriors),
Ansbro (Northampton),
S Lamont (Scarlets),
Danielli (Ulster);
Jackson (Glasgow Warriors),
Lawson (Gloucester);
Jacobsen (Edinburgh),
Ford (Edinburgh),
Low (Glasgow Warriors), Cross (Edinburgh)
Gray (Glasgow Warriors),
Kellock (Glasgow Warriors, captain),
Hines (Leinster),
Barclay (Glasgow Warriors),
Brown (Saracens).

Replacements: S Lawson (Gloucester), E Murray (Newcastle), Vernon (Glasgow Warriors), Strokosch (Gloucester), Blair (Edinburgh), Parks (Cardiff Blues), De Luca (Edinburgh).

Italy:
Masi (Racing Metro);
Benvenuti (Treviso),
Canale (Clermont Auvergne),
Sgarbi (Treviso),
Mirco Bergamasco (Stade Francais);
Burton (Treviso),
Semenzato (Treviso);
Perugini (Aironi),
Ghiraldini (Treviso),
Castrogiovanni (Leicester),
Del Fava (Aironi),
Geldenhuys (Aironi),
Zanni (Treviso),
Derbyshire (Treviso),
Parisse (Stade Francais).

Replacements: Festuccia (Racing Metro), Lo Cicero (Racing Metro), Bernabo (Treviso), Barbieri (Treviso), Canavosio (Aironi), Orquera (Brive), McLean (Treviso).

Don't know where you got that from Olyy but low isn't on the list.

http://www.scotlandrugbyteam.org/content/view/2354/9/

Got it from the BBC site, I think, but they're often getting things wrong

Oddly enough, I remember reading in the article above the two teams that Cross was in for Low

Altho I support both countries, I really hope Italy can win this and secure the fourth place in the table.

Max Evans out with an injury, replaced by Nikki Walker
While I think Walker is better than some make him out to be, it's a blow for Scotland because Evans has been playing well - Italy must be happy about this

Really looking forward to an afternoon of Six Nations Rugby in front of the tele, you can't beat it. I just hope that Wales are still in contention, however unlikely for the Six Nations Championship come their game. We just need Ireland to absolutely hammer England and us to do something similar against France. Not asking for much!:lol:

Is it me, but have Scotland got a game ending injury in the first 25 minutes in every game this 6 Nations?

It's beyond rediculous!

Steve Walsh is back to his old antics around the scrum I see

Last edited:
Ansbro came off earlier with an ice-bag strapped to his right knee. And Masi has just limped off to be replaced by McLean.

Losing Masi is a big blow for Italy (though losing Ansbro is a blow for the Scots too)

Latest posts