• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scotland vs Japan

Say, can someone tell me the name of the lead commentator for this match? He does a lot of Pro14/URC games, really raspy Irish accent, I've always liked him but never see his name listed anywhere... Thanks!

Say, can someone tell me the name of the lead commentator for this match? He does a lot of Pro14/URC games, really raspy Irish accent, I've always liked him but never see his name listed anywhere... Thanks!
Not sure where you watched it but Jamie Lyall was the lead commentator on Prime, he isn't Irish.

3 wins from 4 is good but Scotland really need to tidy things up in attack. They have seriously lacked cohesion, structure, rhythm whatever you want to call it. Would love to see them build up and go through more phases.

Oh yes, it definitely wasn't Jamie Lyall, I love that guy!... I was watching the (terrible as always) FloRugby broadcast...

And yes, the 3 of 4 is nice but it's a fairly weak 3 - but as they say, you can only play the team in front of you, right?

Surely Van Der Merwe was playing the ball on the floor. What are the rules if you're on your knees?
As a general rule, once you are on the knees you are out of the game. If in possession you need to release it. You can go to ground in possession and get back up if not held though.

If not in possession you can't do anything on your knees.

Happy to get the win but the methods of getting there were pretty iffy, the discipline was terrible and Scotland seemed to be incapable of sorting their heads out in the first half. Maybe the referees approach was difficult for them to adjust to but it should not really be a feature for pro players. Ireland would strangle the life out of us in that game so have to sort it out for the 6N.

On the plus side, we seem now to be able to keep ourselves in a game for the full 80mins even with the Boks, scoring tries is not such a tall order like days gone by. I read there was 12 new caps this Autumn which is pleasing, most of them had a good run so starting to get some talent in the pool which makes tournament internationals less daunting.

Happy to get the win but the methods of getting there were pretty iffy, the discipline was terrible and Scotland seemed to be incapable of sorting their heads out in the first half. Maybe the referees approach was difficult for them to adjust to but it should not really be a feature for pro players. Ireland would strangle the life out of us in that game so have to sort it out for the 6N.

On the plus side, we seem now to be able to keep ourselves in a game for the full 80mins even with the Boks, scoring tries is not such a tall order like days gone by. I read there was 12 new caps this Autumn which is pleasing, most of them had a good run so starting to get some talent in the pool which makes tournament internationals less daunting.
I thought the Scots were supposed to be on the way up but they seem pretty average and were helped to their wins by extremely ordinary officiating. I think the fact that we lost to such an ordinary side whilst SA, whom we beat twice, put them away with such ease demonstrates how badly we fell off the pace while on tour.

Picking up the ball to prevent a possible try whilst on your knees is a clear PT and yellow card and a bloke playing fourth division under 15s could tell you that - some of the refereeing has been beyond incomprehensible.

OK, here's a link to a replay that almost immediately features him. I love his comms, I just can't find out who he is!

Latest posts