• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

screen resolution problems

G

gingergenius

Ok, my laptop has just decided, of its own accord, to start any game with about an inch of screen missing on either side. My desktop looks normal still.

Why is this? I haven't ticked any boxes to ask it to do this. The only thing I've done is downloaded something to make my graphics card run better... turns out there's no drivers compatible anyway with my specific card anyway, so it didn't install.

Anyone have any advice as to how I can go about getting a full screen back?

that is a bit strange seems like its not detecting your screen and resolution correctly. have you connected this laptop to an external screen ie a second display either a tv or some other kind of monitor? that could possibly cause it if it thinks its still displaying onto the second external display. my dad had a vista laptop and it would get a bit confused sometimes on what screen to display things on if it was connected to a second external display. a reboot or a changing of the resolution back and forth normally fixed it most times.

what resolution is your laptop at? and what resolution is your games running at?

what video card do you have on your laptop as well? maybe roll back the drivers you were using?