• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Screenshots?

Why would they have to play their cards close to their chest? It's a rugby game after all, it's not like there are 2-3 other developers working on competing rugby ***les. If they're keeping things quiet because financing is on the bubble and they're trying to not get anyone's hopes up, then that ship has already set sail. Fans are excited and expectations seem to be rising.

However, I do understand the lack of information from HB. The game is nearly a year from release (if they're intending to release in time for the World Cup) and there probably isn't a whole lot for them to share just yet. No big deal. That's how it goes with games in development, especially ones that don't have alot of $$$ backing them.

What I don't understand is the defensive approach the moderators here have taken in regards to the subject. The fervor in regards to the game was mostly due to TRF pumping it up and telling everyone about their exclusive deal with HB to get inside info on the game's development.

Did you not expect fans to get excited and then repeatedly ask questions when the influx of information turned into a trickle?

Have you seen how many people ask the same question when the answers are clearly out there. There's an FAQ thread, we cant give any information until we get stuff, we can't expect to conjure something up can we? Yes people are excited and pumped but a little common sense and some brain usage would not go a miss.

Regarding the sensitive issues, think about licences for instance. When Codemasters just released F1 2010 they had to keep the licenses for teams under raps. I was fortunate enough a while ago with another admin to hear about the development some year and a half before the game was released. Ferrari for instance, were keen to be in the game but some of their sponsors were being a pain in the ass about their logos appearing in the game because of variations and other nonsense. The point im making is that some teams / leagues etc will have specific needs etc that they dont want others to know, which is fair enough.

I said before and I'll say it again, some of you guys see the information that HB provide before the staff do, when we get the stuff its posted straight away. What we are asking is for people just to look through the forum and see what answers are out there. The FAQ is where all the info is at.

What I don't understand is the defensive approach the moderators here have taken in regards to the subject. The fervor in regards to the game was mostly due to TRF pumping it up and telling everyone about their exclusive deal with HB to get inside info on the game's development.

Did you not expect fans to get excited and then repeatedly ask questions when the influx of information turned into a trickle?

A trickle over which we have no control.

I get really, really annoyed when people complain at TRF staff about the situation - it's nothing to do with us. HB are in constant contact with us and visa versa. What Bullitt has said is true, the game is at a most sensitive stage currently. I can't go into specifics but trust me, it is. The game is fine, there are no problems there, but in a game of this nature where licensing may come into play, that's a long winded issue. Again, I can't go into specifics.

I work and work hard to bring you all news of this game, and I do this with my own money, seeing as hardly anyone who joins up to complain about there being no news bothers to put their hand in their pocket and donate to the running of the site, but I can't bring information into the public domain when it simply doesn't exist.

I hope to bring something to you in the near future - now please demonstrate some patience until then.

My eagerness got the better of me I suppose.
I've been waiting for a Rugby game on PS3 since the day I got my PS3, about 4 years ago.
Although I fully understand and in that case sorry.

I've honestly no problems with people asking questions, that's only natural as it has been a while since the last update.

Dan, perhaps you might help us out a bit by giving us your best educated guess as to when we will get a definitive preview of the game? If the game is still 7 months from release, what ball park figure would be realistic?

They should release video diaries on youtube or something to show us what they are up to!!!

Dan, perhaps you might help us out a bit by giving us your best educated guess as to when we will get a definitive preview of the game? If the game is still 7 months from release, what ball park figure would be realistic?

If it's a preview you're after you won't be getting one until not long before release I expect. But have a read of the new Q and A it may answer a few questions.

Latest posts