• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Semi Final Draw

A

An Tarbh

Toulouse/Paris v Leinster/Clermont

Biarritz/Ospreys v Munster/Northampton

You'll forgive my cynicism at the 2 French teams getting home draws in a draw done in France on French tv. :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Jan 24 2010, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

You'll forgive my cynicism at the 2 French teams getting home draws in a draw done in France on French tv. :p[/b]

Na come on.

Happy because Munster got the easier side of the draw. Shame there'll be no semi based in Ireland.

Leinster have it rough though. Wouldn't fancy an away semi in Tolouse. Or having to play an enthusiastic and ambitious Clermont anywhere.

Refs speak english but the die speak French !

So nice draw for the places, would have prefered to get TLS/ ASM for the final !!!

The most lucky are Biarritz who have good cards to go in final despite they didn't have to proove a lot.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Jan 24 2010, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Jan 24 2010, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You'll forgive my cynicism at the 2 French teams getting home draws in a draw done in France on French tv. :p[/b]

Na come on.
[/b][/quote]

It's an anti English/Irish/Welsh conspiracy run by the evil French Conspirators.

Happy that Munster got the easier half of the draw but the home(ish) semi would have been nice.

What's the rule about stadium selection for the semi?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Jan 24 2010, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Jan 24 2010, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Jan 24 2010, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Na come on.
[/b][/quote]

It's an anti English/Irish/Welsh conspiracy run by the evil French Conspirators.

Happy that Munster got the easier half of the draw but the home(ish) semi would have been nice.

What's the rule about stadium selection for the semi?
[/b][/quote]

Neutral ground in your own country, but they threw that rule out the window when they let Toulouse play Munster at home in 2003.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr.cyclopede @ Jan 24 2010, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The stadiums will be drawn in a few minutes[/b]

Thanks, I have no idea what's going on, having no French and all.

...Makes no difference now because they stopped streaming!

there was no draw for the stadium unless I missed it, last thing they had was a piece with Ronaldinho.

Surprised too, they initially told the stadiums draw would happen in the second part of the sport TV broadcast "Stade 2"...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jockstrap @ Jan 24 2010, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
How do the Locations of the Semi's get decided?[/b]

The home side has choice of venue, which has to be over 20000 and cannot be their own ground, Toulouse get to use the Stade Municipale because technically the Ernest Wallon is their home ground, even though they've played pool games and league games there, same applied for Leinster and Lansdowne Road.

Tough draw for Leinster but to be the best team in Europe, you have to beat all comers. I'd fancy Leinster to win against Clermont Auvergne and they'd have a fighting chance in the semi.

Right now it looks like a Toulouse v Ospreys final.

Latest posts