• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Setplays on PC please help

• Thread starter Canadian_Rugger
  • Start date
C

Canadian_Rugger

alright how do I do defensive setplays on the pc and on Offense how in the hell do I switch up the play. Like I see all these numbers come up 1 through 4 can I switch up the play at all????

any help with this would be appreciated so please do post something
<

a tap of the arrow keys in any direction will set a new defence - up - kick d
down - tight d
right - wide d
left - standard d

i think....
<

Are you using a keyboard or gamepad ?

Basically, there are two stages to offensive plays. Before the ball comes out the maul/ruck/scrum, you press left/right/up/down on the D pad to select pivot/dummy switch/pocket/classic line ups.

pocket is just a kicking play.

Classic is just a straight forward line up.

With dummy switch/pivot, you need to press and hold the number corresponding to the guy you want the ball to go to. The outside half will run automatically and pass to the selected three-quarter.

When it comes off it's awesome, you can split defences wide open, it' well worth persevering with.

If you're using the keyboard, same principle. I couldn't play with the keyboard myself unless I sprouted 5 more fingers on each hand.

i use the classic set play all the time - ITS THE BEST!!!!!

use classic - and press E - cut out pass to outside centre - straight hard running into a gap

press Q - hand off to winger running the angle - cuts back inside - doesnt allways workwell, but when it does its cool

press S - this passes to the fullback - very successfull - the winger runs a decoy(spelling?) and the full back gets it in space... after this you have a centre and a winger in support for when you reach the fullback!

press W - this is a chip kick from the fly half - chip in behind the defense... doesnt alway result successfully

hope this helps GarVanNeath
<

Cheers Bokean, I didn't realise you could pass to designated players using the "Classic" line up, I'll try this tonight, I might start to win more games now !

I was getting a bit hacked off with this game, but using the new moves and techniques I've learned off these threads has re-kindled my enthusiasm for it. I've started to win a few games on hard level in World League Mode.

I was one off the bottom of the league in my first season, but in my second season I've won 3 out of 5 so far. Really getting into it now, trying to get enough trade points so you can buy decent players is a good challenge.

Latest posts