• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Shalk Burger Biarritz

It'd be a coup for them if he moved North, although I'd be very supprised if he gave up his Bok's shirt while he's still young.

Still, a good replacement for Harinordoquy. Who's rubbish.

Defensively i rate Harinordquy.
Offensively, the man is as alert and has as good a rugby brain as any given piece of road kill.

the SH needs to get over people playing overseas and pick the best - if Schalk goes next year he'll still have plenty of test rugby left if he's allowed to represent the Boks...which he probably won't

Do you have a link?

Boks are heading over to Biarritz to compliment Traille, Yachvili and Betsen as of late and I'm quite enjoying it. I hope Burger does come over as he'd be a great addition to this great team. The Top 14 is on the rise! Just like to make a note that I will miss Sireli Bobo though. Every time I went to a Biarritz match he works his butt off to score tries. I remember the last time I was able to go to France for a match was during their Heineken Cup match against Borders in '06. Bobo scored two tries thanks to Dimitri's great vision. That kick to the left corner for an open Bobo and the try was a classic.

Burger would be a perfect partner for Betsen, his high tackles would be perfectly acceptable in Basque country too!

I haven't found any news or read any rumors of Burger coming to Biarritz or in talks with Biarritz either. Can anyone find proof of anything on this?

I have heard this rumour.
I ask me for the future of the super 14 if all of the good players come in North hemisphere.

This is not thye first time that this rumour comes out. Recently I read I think in the Midol or Rugby Hebdo that he would come next season.

Apparently White and Smit have reopened the discussion with the SARU about the selection policy, so who knows they may change their mind as they have already done a couple of times. I guess that if the global season is eventually achieved by the IRB this would be even easy although I guess that then Super14, NPC and Currie Cup would suffer of the absence of the top SH players.

many information's from rugby newsletter send BURGER to TOULON next year and no ot Biarritz.

9 South African rugbymen still in this team this year, a other very important star playing rugby last year ( UMAGA) and this year

shalk burger will never go to biarritz, it's sure !!! i hate biarritz, it's normal because i'am for bayonne...i think shalk burger goes to perpignan in 2008 !!

Latest posts