• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Shanklin dislocates shoulder

A

An Tarbh

Tom Shanklin has dislocated his shoulder in tonight's win over the Dragons at the Arms Park.

It says that it was popped back in immediately so you'd imagine that may well limit the damage but we'll have to wait for the scans to confirm how long he'll be out for and whether he'll miss the Lions Tour.

If he is ruled out you'd imagine D'Arcy would be favourite to replace him unless McGeechan feels he needs more cover for fly half and brings along Hook.

Why is it that every 4 years, players in good form get named for the Lions then crock themselves withing weeks of the tour?

I have no idea, but it happens. I'm sure he'll be fine, dislocated shoulders are generally fine, it's kind of a worst case scenario.

End of season syndrome. This majority of these guys have been going hell for leather all year, domestic, european and international. Something has to give and if it isnt the mind it'll be the body.

There will be quite a bit of this over the next two months. ****ly injuries and player that simply cant get themselves up for another big match.

News im hearing is that he will be okay to Tour, but its up to Geech whether he wants to take him or not as his shoulder may not fully be ready to participate in all the sessions at the start of the series.

well it's normally 4 to 6 weeks for any shoulder dislocation without any complications so even if that's the case for Shanklin he still won't be fit before they leave and McGeechan already said he wouldn't be taking anyone who wasn't fully fit so it's hard to imagine he'll tour at this stage.

Given how D'arcy has been playing, it would be a loss, but one that immediate cover is available for.

just seen on the BBC ticker that he's been ruled out for 16 weeks so no Lions tour I'm afraid.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ May 7 2009, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
just seen on the BBC ticker that he's been ruled out for 16 weeks so no Lions tour I'm afraid.[/b]

Yeah same it has to be D'Arcy now only other option in my book.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ May 7 2009, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
just seen on the BBC ticker that he's been ruled out for 16 weeks so no Lions tour I'm afraid.[/b]

Lol and if D'Arcy your gonna have to change your sig lol

I'm sure it'll be a pleasure for him ^_^
Has D'Arcy been in good form? Do you guys consider him an able replacement?

Darcy or Hook tbh, maybe Hook hasn't been in the best form, but a kicking inside center is always useful.

Thing is Shanklin isn't a kicking center, won't old Mac G rather pick someone in the same mold as Shanklin?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steve-o @ May 7 2009, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Has D'Arcy been in good form? Do you guys consider him an able replacement?[/b]

Yeah very good form. Scoring tries, making breaks, more than able replacement. Shanklins a good player but D'Arcy was unfortunate not to be picked in the first place.

He's been out injured for the first half of the season so he'll be fresh as a daisy as well.

Given his performances, Geech's preferences for partnerships, and Hooks general shiteness (this season), i'd be shocked if Darce doesnt go as a replacement for shankiln. (Assuming shanklin doesnt travel)

If D'Arcy is called up then I assume Roberts will be considered as a 13 then?

Two outsie shots - Tindall (I hope not but a similar player)

Max Evans (Totally different, no real chance but I can dream of a 3rd Scot, and the 1st back!)

D'arcy is really a 13 himself though,

12. Roberts
13. D'arcy

would be far more likely than the other way around.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (g6mcg @ May 7 2009, 09:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If D'Arcy is called up then I assume Roberts will be considered as a 13 then?

Two outsie shots - Tindall (I hope not but a similar player)

Max Evans (Totally different, no real chance but I can dream of a 3rd Scot, and the 1st back!)[/b]
Us Scots can dream can't we!!!

GO MAX!!!