• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sharks vs British & Irish Lions 2: Electric Boogaloo

Edgy affair until TC came on and put it to bed

Murray's yellow was so so stupid - like Haskell levels of stupid

I like the sound of it but how often has Curry played 8?
Like 4 or 5 times for England, never for club

That backrow looks good on paper but you need someone doing some of the hard graft, and to ask one of those three to do it just negates their skillset.
Like the first Sharks game TC was pretty anonymous because he was having to do the hard work that the 8 would normally do, while Simmonds was galavanting off in the backs

My backrow would be Curry, Watson, Conan, with Beirne on the bench

Faletau's going to need some big games to break in - obv he's got credit in the bank, but he's not looked himself at all so far (granted one of those games was at 7)

Think the forwards were generally ok today but the backs not so much.

Davies has played himself out the tests.
Biggar had a rare off game today.
Harris is not a 12.
Daly made 1 genuine big error but other than that did ok and had some nice runs (also the best scrum half on the pitch today).
The wingers were a shining light today.
Williams also had an uncharacteristic off game.

Think the forwards were generally ok today but the backs not so much.

Davies has played himself out the tests.
Biggar had a rare off game today.
Harris is not a 12.
Daly made 1 genuine big error but other than that did ok and had some nice runs (also the best scrum half on the pitch today).
The wingers were a shining light today.
Williams also had an uncharacteristic off game.
Harris has never claimed to be a 12. I think he's a better option at 13 than Daly

Harris has never claimed to be a 12. I think he's a better option at 13 than Daly
Im not saying Harris claimed to be a 12 but he was put there today and it didn't work. Also, any of the 13s could easily get the test shirt at this stage it just depends how the Lions want to play. They're all good at different things - Harris is a far better defender than Daly but doesn't have any where near the running ability of Daly. It all just depends what Gats wants.

I thought the Daly-Aki pairing worked really well. I would start those with Harris coming on at 50 to defend the lead they have hopefully built up. I don't think Watson or Williams did enough to cement their places so for me it's:

Hogg
Adams
Daly
Aki
DVDM
Biggar
Murray

I am proud of my team. For the first half mostly, the second half was tough aftee the red but i anyway expected the loss just maybe not as bad after the good first half.

Our intenisty was higher and the collsions was more advantageous. Lineouts went better than expected. All in all a good game. Good luck to the Lions for the rest of the tour. They can be happy with the lack of injuries.

Latest posts