Sheridan on the move?

Teh Mite

TRF Legend
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Northampton
Sale Sharks coach Mike Brewer says England prop Andrew Sheridan could leave Edgeley Park for a club in France.

Sheridan is out of contract this summer and, although he and Brewer have held talks about a new deal, he thinks the 31-year-old might be looking for a new challenge.

The salary cap in England and the seemingly bottomless pockets Toulon president Mourad Boudjellal can offer could see Sheridan, who is a fluent French speaker, joining Jonny Wilkinson in 2011.

"It's fairly well known that Sheri is having a look at France after the next World Cup," Brewer said.

"His next contract is more than likely to be his last major one. He's possibly done everything that he would want to here in England and he's having a look abroad.

"In my discussions with Sheri, I've said that we won't be able to match the big offers he'll get in France. But money doesn't drive Andrew - it's about lifestyle and where he feels comfortable."

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3823_6545585,00.html

Mike Brewer's not doing well with his man management it seems. First Hodgson and now Sheridan.

Unless of course he really is "looking for a lifestyle change" - Hopefully that means international retirement and a decent scrummaging loosehead in the England team.

Wouldn't be too bad a thing, he's not amazing, and probably costs a bit to keep on the payroll,
Also, after this years world cup, I wouldn't be surprised to see him off because that'd be leaving his England career on a high (or at least at a high point, as in he's played in two world cups)

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Cohen back off to France, he said he wanted to come back to the UK so that he could try to get back in the England squad, and that's not happened. Though apparently he has just built himself a house, so could stick around in the UK (or even retire?)

Rumour has it Hodgson is going to Saints, with only one of Myler/Geraghty being kept on (though this is from rugby network so is 100% not true :p )

Tait is also out of contract at the end of the season so will be interesting to see if he's kept on. Brewers said he doesn't care how big a name is, if they're not performing he'll get rid, and I'm presuming Tait takes up a big chunk of salary cap too. Hopefully he has a good season back from injury, because I want him to stay :lol: (though if Tuilagi wants to sling his hook to make way for Tonetti, that wouldn't be a bad thing!)

Cohen has so much money I don't think where he has a house has any baring on where he plays: He still lived in his Kingsthorpe mansion when playing for Brive and commutes up to Stockport daily to play for Sale!!!

As for Hodgson, I've heard the Saints rumour too - I'd be inclined to believe them also as Geraghty is visibly frustrated at Saints (IMO) so I think he'll be on the move next season. Wouldn't be surprised if it's to Saracens as joint choice with Hoougard and Farrell as his backup (Goode is a fullback).

I want Tait to play anywhere that won't continue to ruin him - Newcastle wrecked him and he's not set the world alight at Sale yet. I want to like the kid so much as there's all that potential, but it's so damn hard considering he's perennially crap!!!!!

Sheridan has gotten worse since his last set of injuries, once considered the best loosehead in the NH ...

Sale seem to be having a major revamp of squad so. Try get back to old ways.

As for Saints they shouldn't make too many tweaks as they've a fine squad but Hodgson and Myler are 2 safe playing 10's compared to Geraghty. I always thought saint were lucky to have 2 totally different 10's who can change a game

Hodgson isn't a by-the-numbers fly half, he's of the Spencer-Geraghty-Mickelak maverick mould. Only with a better kicking record.

I agree he does move it but I don't think he is as crafty as those mentioned Bullitt. But in saying that you see more than me of him. And well it probably hard for me to see when I don't see Sale much.
Also with Saints Hodgson would have a better platform

Definately,
Hodgson thrives under a pack going forward, and Saints have probably the best forwards in the premiership

Over the pasdt few years there's been little to see of Hodgson at his best because of hat mentioned - Even when Sale were rampant a few seasons ago their pack was still pretty average (which may say something about how well he can play or how bad Englands' really was). It's scary to think what would happen if he had a plateau the likes of which Saints or the big French packs could provide him.

Carl Haymens and Andrew Sheridan in the front row? Not bad, Toulon.

Someone needs to put a stop to their money-flinging schemes.

For all their money though Toulon need trophies to be taken for real.

According to Lequipe they're also after:
Drew Mitchell,
Matt Giteau,
Adam Ashley-Cooper
James O'Connor,
Bakkies Botha
aaaaaaand
Sonny Bill Williams

I thought there is a quota on imports and salary cap.
Contepomi to come to Munster so :D :D.

Latest posts