• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sherlock series 3

Howzy

Academy Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Newcastle RU
I have looked all over the Internet and gathered many solutions to how sherlock could if survived his ordeal at the very end of series 2 of the bbc series sherlock with benedict clumerbatch and Martin freeman. Many people say the same thing for how he survived. So I thort id ask you guys what you think happend. That's aslong as uve a really seen series 1 and series 2 of sherlock

Gah, I really can't remember now.
I saw some explanation that worked out (in my mind at least) just after the episode was released but can't remember anything now :huh:

Either way I really can't wait for it to start up again, fantastic series.

Well, he definitely survived as you seen him at the end of the last episode.

In the original short story (The Final Problem) and it's follow on (The adventure of the Empty House) he simply wins the wrestle with Moriarty and decides it would be beneficial to disappear for a while, so he lets on that he's been killed and scales the cliff face. For the show,you might imagine that he somehow disguised Moriarty as himself, had a doctor that went with it and then ran off.

Well, he definitely survived as you seen him at the end of the last episode.

In the original short story (The Final Problem) and it's follow on (The adventure of the Empty House) he simply wins the wrestle with Moriarty and decides it would be beneficial to disappear for a while, so he lets on that he's been killed and scales the cliff face. For the show,you might imagine that he somehow disguised Moriarty as himself, had a doctor that went with it and then ran off.

In fairness in tho books the only reason survived was because everyone including ACD's mother wanted him to bring Sherlock back, I presume the tv series' version will have a few less holes.

In fairness in tho books the only reason survived was because everyone including ACD's mother wanted him to bring Sherlock back, I presume the tv series' version will have a few less holes.

Actually considering how cobbled together the second story essentially was there were relatively few plot holes, certainly no glaring ones come to mind.

I love the series. Actually saw Benedict yesterday in the new Star Trek movie. What an actor.
From what I've read online the new season will focus on stories that take place before the Final problem. Irene Adler will most likely also re-appear.
Most likely they will have found a simple but brilliant solution to continue where season 2 stopped.

in a answer to your question people think it has something to do with the I O U on the wall, the apple and the office block as the I the O and the U all correspond to elements on the periodic table. the numbers then match up to a story in the grimms fairy tale book (which Sherlock receives from Moriarty). for example one of these such numbers matches to an older version of snow white which involve the evil queen wanting snow white dead. she trys 3 times ( as did Moriarty, with the third obviously being the jump off the building ad use on an apple with IOU on it). the first two being the poisoned pill and the Semtex jacket in the pool.

All IOU information is on this sight: http://eva-christine.tumblr.com/post/27733467733/iou-explanation-53-8-92-grimms-fairy-tales-cipher

Also this >>>>
tumblr_mb3bylZPiz1rt29oq.jpg

which makes me think Sherlock knew what Moriarty was planning to be one step ahead he choose the meeting place above the morgh.

Latest posts