• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

"single player (literally)

B

Brett

i was just casually thinking the other day...
wat if youo could take control of one player on the field of rugby 2006? Sure it would be slightly difficult to make but it would create a new experience for the players. Obviously this wont happen soon as the developers havent got 15 man-a-side goin great yet but it would maybe breathe some new life and challenges into the game.

Managing your stamina would obviously be key to your success on the pitch and if you seem tired or arent performing (not enough tackles, runs, dropping balls etc.), the coach will sub you.

Certain positions have different gameplay features/styles. For example, the flyhalf, who catches the ball and initiates nearly all backline moves, would require good timing and handling skills. For this aspect of gameplay, a slider could be used such as when he needs to catch the ball. If he doesnt get it in the "good" area he may fumble or drop the ball. This "catch" system could also be used if you are a lock in the lineouts.

Obviously, some positions are more glamouros than others (playing as a prop or wing may get a little boring) but in terms of strategy, it brings a whole new aspect of managing and playing your OWN game of rugby. No need to concentrate on the whole team, just your own player......

wat you think?

Yep....

A madden concept that has already been suggested by gamers in this forum for R2007 :)

Originally posted by Brett@Jun 28 2006, 08:11 PM
o...right. was it good in madden?
Never tried that Career mode in Madden...I hate Madden.......

But yeah it would be a great option for R2007 if they can fit it into the game...which they should be able to considering the new gen consoles. Also Madden is EA...so they should be able to assimilate it quickly...even if the game play is Fifa's engine as opposed to Maddens.

Wasn't there a soccer game released of the same idea?

PS Hey GG, Locks is here :)

Originally posted by dobrien7@Jun 28 2006, 09:29 AM
Wasn't there a soccer game released of the same idea?
Libero Grande

It sucked.

I don't think it would work with rugby to be honest.

It hasn't been seen in Madden (at least in Gameplay), but its being interduced this year.

Originally posted by Ripper@Jun 28 2006, 08:33 PM
It hasn't been seen in Madden (at least in Gameplay), but its being interduced this year.
This year?????

Man I remember someone posting the preview ages ago!!!!

Last years madden had career mode, but you still controlled the whole team, this year there is a player lock and you can only control your superstar, you cant even call play, it sounds good to.

Its a good idea for rugby, it would be hard to implement for offense. I already play with a self imposed player lock on defence, and its a lot of fun.

It is a great idea in theory but it just doesn't work well in practice. It gets boring real fast!!! Libero Grande - like SaintsFan_Webby said.

Originally posted by Gay-Guy+Jun 28 2006, 07:38 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Jun 28 2006, 08:33 PM
This year?????

Man I remember someone posting the preview ages ago!!!! [/b]
It was in ESPN NFL 2k4/5 I'm pretty sure.

Originally posted by sanzar+Jun 29 2006, 11:51 PM-->
Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Jun 28 2006, 07:38 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Jun 28 2006, 08:33 PM

This year?????

Man I remember someone posting the preview ages ago!!!!
It was in ESPN NFL 2k4/5 I'm pretty sure. [/b]
Not really, they just had that gimmicky First Person **** where you could choose any player. You could still interchange between First Person and the "control the whole team" option, as well as that there was no off the field mode for it.

This would only be fun if there was the option of up to 30 person multiplayer (online of course) with every person locked to a specific player on the field. Now that would be fun.

great idea!! it would satisfy the kiwis who want to know what it feels like to be inside dan carter

Originally posted by InsaneAsylum@Jul 3 2006, 06:51 AM
great idea!! it would satisfy the kiwis who want to know what it feels like to be inside dan carter
I'm sure theres a Kiwi bloke somewhere who knows what it feels like to be inside Dan Carter.

Sorry, that was too tempting...

Latest posts