• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Smit linked with Saracens switch

I continue to be amazed at the hate we South Africans seem to instill everywhere we go.

I continue to be amazed at the hate we South Africans seem to instill everywhere we go.

1198.jpg

CorneKrige1510_468x327.jpg

A couple of reasons.

Hold on, that was only 2009. Before 2009 we were a standard prem club like all the others, but a little too fond of a big name signing and not too fond of success. Dumping all the players out was way out of order, whether it happened in the end or not.

But the fact is, for 09/10 and 10/11 we've suddenly become known as Saffacens, when in fact there's probably more English talent coming through the club now than there was in 2008! And for all the rumours about Schalk Burger/ Bryan Habana etc., what the club is essentially is somewhere with a fair few South Africans on the playing and coaching staff, but far from a majority... And go to a Sarries game, you don't notice any Saffa fans do you? They're all from West/ North London and Hertfordshire.

And successful in an England shirt...? Stevens, Saull, Goode, Strettle and Barritt would all make a wider England squad if I was picking now, even if they wouldn't make the 22. They're players who've had at least 2 good seasons in the premiership (might backdate a wee bit with Stevens). Then there's guys like Short, George and Farrell who are well worth looking at how they develop, in particular Farrell. And it remains to be seen whether Saints can get hold of Cato next year and make the most out of his potential.

As I said, it's the SA owners/backers, the SA coaching and the perceived dumping of all local talent for SA journeymen. The amount of kids who've made the breakthrough this year is irrelevant, **** sticks.

Same way Leicester will forever be cheats, Northampton will always be nearly-men pushovers, Quins will always be posh wankers, Gloucester will always be hooligans and Bath will be a bunch of c*nts in the eyes of general opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
1198.jpg

CorneKrige1510_468x327.jpg

A couple of reasons.

But wait. Those are reasons to hate Australians and the English; there are few men in rugby more irritating than Johnson and Tim Horan. Campese the only one I can think of at present. Although Matfield has turned into a whinging biatch lately and is challenging strongly. Brendan Venter another... okay I get it.

Last edited:
Burger is the worst one, I admit that. But that doesn't make a whole country bad. It's like hating Muslims because of Bin Laden.

Burger is the worst one, I admit that. But that doesn't make a whole country bad. It's like hating Muslims because of Bin Laden.

Muslims happen to be my favorite clients. Very polite, clear about what they want and uyou don't struggle with payment.

I'd say Botha is worse than Burger though. Andrew Sheridan is in a league of his own though.

I reckon Burger is more of an idiot than a regularly dirt player ..although what he did on the lions tour was utterly disgusting...Botha usually goes out of his way to harm other players

Andrew Sheridan is in a league of his own though.
Pfft, he's just a big cuddly teddy bear

(I know he can be a ****, but to say he's worse than Botha and Burger is madness - never gouged and generally isn't a dirty player, other than the odd scuffle, unlike Botha who goes out of his way to injure players)

Muslims happen to be my favorite clients. Very polite, clear about what they want and uyou don't struggle with payment.

I'd say Botha is worse than Burger though. Andrew Sheridan is in a league of his own though.

Sheridan isn't a thug. He's just a big girls blouse.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/puxYyJNRy4s" allowfullscreen="" width="560" frameborder="0" height="349"></iframe>

ha i remember watching that game and thinking what a shocking piece of touch-judging that was... sheridan starts the fight and throws a punch, white throws one and gets sent off.

When i say Sheridan is in a league of his own I meant the 'punching men in the balls' league. Maybe my Sheridan hate stems from the fact that Andries Bekker is my favorite player and I'd like to see him reproduce.

granted, Botha is a consistent thug and the worst is he usually goes for the smallest guy on the field LOL. Tool. He is a great footballer but rarely plays rugby. Burger, like mentioned above, has stupid spells but i wouldn't call him a thug really.

Burger is an absolute thug.

I would say "you have to be one eyed to say otherwise", but maybe that isn't the best choice of words.

I was about to post a picture of the Burger incident with the comment above, but then I check the next two pages and, lo and behold, I've been beaten to it. Twice.

My favourite joke from that incident was when someone (Feic?) had the picture with "Hello, my name is Schalk and I'll be your optician today"

My favourite joke from that incident was when someone (Feic?) had the picture with "Hello, my name is Schalk and I'll be your optician today"

Yeah apparently he just found Luke's contact lens and kindly offered to put it back into place.

Latest posts