• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Smith Quits

French wage cap is bring dropped to €8mil next year (from what, i can't remember, and it's still twice as much as the Guinness)

Does the Magners have a wage cap? Also, do the players get paid by both teams they're registered for? Like Mike Philips plays for Ospreys and Neath(? them or Swansea, can't remember which), does he just get payed by the Ospreys then is loaned to the other, or is he on the books for both?

French wage cap is bring dropped to €8mil next year (from what, i can't remember, and it's still twice as much as the Guinness)

Does the Magners have a wage cap? Also, do the players get paid by both teams they're registered for? Like Mike Philips plays for Ospreys and Neath(? them or Swansea, can't remember which), does he just get payed by the Ospreys then is loaned to the other, or is he on the books for both?

I don't think it does, no. Not really that big a problem however, as most of the teams are owned by the Unions who enforce quotas on home grown players etc. which keeps teams from going out and buying a star studded panel.

Does the Magners have a wage cap?
No. As far as I'm aware, of the Irish provinces both Munster and Leinster are profitable. Ulster are heading in that direction (with the new facilities at Ravenhill helping them) while Connacht is a basket case.

Latest posts