• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

So what about the HEC Final?

D

DonBilly

Guys I am a bit surprised by the absence of threads about tomorow's match in Cardiff. What's happening?

Heineken Cup Final

Biarritz Olympique vs Munster at Millennium Stadium, Cardiff
Referee: Chris White (England)
Touch judges: Dave Pearson, Tony Spreadbury (both England)
Television match official: Geoff Warren (England)

-----------------------------------------------

I'm supprised by the lack of threads also.

Here's to get the ball running...

MUNSTER TO WIN

That should get somone talking.

I want Munster to win alright but genuinely believe that Leinster had the better chance of the 2 of beating Biarritz and I still think that's the case, but hopefully Munster can cause another upset to add to their list of many.

Big news with Horan and O'Connell both being passed fit although I'm sure POC would have gone on the pitch if he was only half fit.

Heineken Cup final: Team news

horan_face.jpg

Heineken Cup final, Millennium Stadium, Saturday May 20th, KO 15.00, live on Sky Sports 1

Munster rugby director Declan Kidney has made one change from the side that crushed Leinster in last month's Heineken Cup semi-final for Saturday's Millennium Stadium showdown against Biarritz.

Kidney has recalled fit-again prop Marcus Horan instead of Federico Pucciariello.

The Irish province have been given a clean bill of health regarding slight fitness concerns Paul O'Connell and John Kelly, while fly-half Ronan O'Gara has recovered from the stomach bug that forced him to miss training earlier this week.

"It has all the makings of a great game, and all we can do is focus on ourselves," said Kidney.

"It is a pretty daunting task coming up against a side like Biarritz, and you never really know how it is going to pan out - it is just a brilliant opportunity for everyone involved."

Munster have reached the knock-out stages every season since 1998, and will be spurred on by the painful memories of failed final attempts against Northampton in 2000 and Leicester two years later.

Foley and company return to the scene of that Leicester defeat while the French champions are contesting their first European showpiece after experiencing semi-final heartache during the past two seasons.

Biarritz welcome back captain Thomas Lievremont following injury in the back row, so Thierry Dusautoir drops out.

The teams have met twice before in Heineken Cup combat, each winning a quarter-final tie

Tournament organisers will make a decision on whether or not to close the roof on Saturday morning, but it is likely to be shut, given a forecast of wet and windy weather.

Biarritz: 15-N Brusque; 14-J-B Gobelet, 13-P Bidabe, 12-D Traille, 11-S Bobo; 10-J Peyrelongue, 9-D Yachvili; 1-P Balan, 2-B August, 3-C Johnson, 4-J Thion, 5-D Couzinet, 6-S Betsen, 7-I Harinordoquy, 8-T Lievremont (captain).

Replacements: B Noirot, B Lecouls, O Olibeau, T Dusautoir, M Carizza, J Dupuy, F Martin Arramburu

Munster: 15-S Payne; 14-A Horgan, 13-J Kelly, 12-T Halstead, 11-I Dowling; 10-R O'Gara, 9-P Stringer; 1-M Horan, 2-J Flannery, 3-J Hayes, 4-D O'Callaghan, 5-P O'Connell, 6-D Leamy, 7-D Wallace, 8-A Foley (captain).

Replacements: D Fogarty, F Pucciariello, M O'Driscoll, A Quinlan, T O'Leary, J Manning, R Henderson. [/b]

Should be a ***anic clash up front but Biarritz have the backs to win it out wide-if they choose to use them.

Good start from the touch judge, twice in touch from Bobo yet he gets away with it. Munster are destined to not win this thing.

Well what a fantastic Game....

Well Done Munster, you gave 110% for this game...

Peter Stringer Man of the Match easily, scored a fantastic try....

Really Pleased that Munster Won!!!

Oh man that was awesome, finally getting an awful slice of luck and it not costing them the game, justice done, thoroughly deserved winners.

Well done Munster. Mumha Abú

Great game!!

The atmosphere was better than any game of rugby i can remember.

That final puts the Super 14 to shame.

Next saturday the Super 14 final will be played in NZ infront of 30,000 ferals in wet and windy conditions in a **** poor stadium with no atmosphere............. no wonder SH players go north.

Well done Munster :bravo:

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@May 20 2006, 05:02 PM
Great game!!

Next saturday the Super 14 final will be played in NZ infront of 30,000 ferals in wet and windy conditions in a **** poor stadium with no atmosphere............. no wonder SH players go north.

:bravo:

Fair play. Admire your honesty.

I keep reading that Peter Stringer was MOTM though, that can't be right surely? It implies he did something useful...;)

Well done Munster, the fans deserve it more than any others I know.

Well played Munster you deserved it

Stringer and O'connell stand outs

The truth what a typical comment from an aussie whos teams aren't good enough for the super 14 final :bleh!:
Watch and learn next saturday how to play proper southern hemisphere rugby

This is what will stomp all over you in the tri nations once again this year :cheers:

You seem like a really bad loser as the crusaders and canes deserve to be there on merit

Originally posted by falconsfan@May 21 2006, 02:01 AM
The truth what a typical comment from an aussie whos teams aren't good enough for the super 14 final :bleh!:
Watch and learn next saturday how to play proper southern hemisphere rugby

This is what will stomp all over you in the tri nations once again this year :cheers:

You seem like a really bad loser as the crusaders and canes deserve to be there on merit
no.gif

What does any of that dribble have to do with the fact that next weeks Super14 final will suck balls as a "spectacle"

falcons fan your an arsewipe, what the truth is saying is the truth, in case you havent noticed hes a force fan, and had no real hopes of them making the final this year. why would he be slating his own domestic comp if it wasnt the truth.

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@May 21 2006, 03:02 AM
Great game!!

Yeah, I have to agree with you on that... The Heinaken cup final absolutely KILLLS the Super 12/14 final in terms of being a spectacle. Mostly because the kiwi's dominate it all the time and all their stadiums are second rate (then when the ACT hosted the final it was at that shitty Camberra stadium), if NSW ever or QLD pull their act together and get to host a final then the atmosphere at Telstra or Suncorp will be unreal, but untill then we'll just have to deal with these uneventful looking matches.

Great game - Wish it were Leinster obviously, but brilliant to see how much it meant to the lads!
The shots of O'connell street in Limerick were crazy! Apparently ROG looked up at the big screen before his last kick, along with the other players and was gobsmacked at the sight. Pretty impressive.
Stringers try was brilliant - very opportunistic, but as he said himself, they had seen in the video analysis of previous Biarritz games that Bobo has a tendency come off the blind side.

Oh they say that now, it's like Jonny Wilkinson saying something about his kick in the WC.

Face it, it was a good oppurtunistic play that worked. Be proud of that fact!

BM

Originally posted by sanzar+May 21 2006, 11:20 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-The TRUTH!!
@May 21 2006, 03:02 AM
Great game!!

Yeah, I have to agree with you on that... The Heinaken cup final absolutely KILLLS the Super 12/14 final in terms of being a spectacle. Mostly because the kiwi's dominate it all the time and all their stadiums are second rate (then when the ACT hosted the final it was at that shitty Camberra stadium), if NSW ever or QLD pull their act together and get to host a final then the atmosphere at Telstra or Suncorp will be unreal, but untill then we'll just have to deal with these uneventful looking matches. [/b]
Once again, Why blame us for Australia being crap?

Latest posts