So what do we all do?

Feicarsinn

Super Αdmin
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
Let's get nosy! What do you guys do with yourselves while not on TRF? Work, study or parenting. Whatever.

Getting the ball rolling, I'm in my first year at College studying physics. Yeah it's interesting, but lab reports and online assignments are ****! I'm also a lounge boy in a pub round the corner from me too. The money's okay, but the hours are a pain in the ass.

Yourselves?

first year of 6th form nights out with the lads and just started adult rugby

Currently in my final year of College and will be heading to University in the next academic year to do Computer Science. I'm currently unemployed but hope to find some work once i reach University. Outside of education i am a fairly avid Gamer and i do play a wide array of sports.

Currently in the process of failing my Leaving Cert , Playing a fair bit of Rugby School rugby finished up last week while were doing ok with the club.
I spend an inordinate amount of time online lately due to being allowed use a laptop in school HURRAH for ADHD and Dyspraxia!!!
I also am a total history nerd, but cant read as much as I used to....due to this bloody computer.
Arts UCD next year I reckon and then teaching after that is the plan and depending how things go I would love to lecture in Dark age or early Medieval history.
I am fond of the occasional alcoholic beverage...the results of which can often be found on youtube :/

Second year of university (part 2 - I should technically be in third year, but I changed course so repeating 2nd year) - I do Environmental Biology and ****ing hate 4hour long practicals
I play rugby league and 7s, mountain bike and am training for some triathlons over the summer

Second year of university (part 2 - I should technically be in third year, but I changed course so repeating 2nd year) - I do Environmental Biology and ****ing hate 4hour long practicals
I play rugby league and 7s, mountain bike and am training for some triathlons over the summer

I didn't mind the 4 hour practicals during my undergrad studies - it 8 hour ones I couldn't stand....

Currently I'm a house-husband :). Just finished a PhD in molecular biology - am looking for a postdoc position at a university. I spend my days looking after the dog and occasionally doing some part-time lecturing / tutoring / running undergrad labs (or will be when the uni starts again in a few weeks..).

At this stage I am looking for a new assignment and for the time being I am busy with my own Dutch forum about football. Takes a lot of time getting everything right and actually give the members what they want. Besides that I am busy with my rugby archive which holds around 900 matches at the moment from the Magners League, Super14, Currie Cup, World Cup, TOP14 and a bunch of other competitions to get everything sorted and nicely organised.

I hope to get back to work soon because sitting at home is getting to me now

I'm currently in my second stint at university. I first went to De Montfort Uni in Leicester straight from school, and honestly, did f**k all for one and a half years. In my defense, I didn't have the greatest luck, getting mugged really shook my confidence of the area I was living in, and used drink and weed to 'help'. I quickly returned to my old self when I moved back home to Aberystwyth, and quickly managed to find a job in an architectural practice, and stayed for about 4 years.

So as I said, I'm now back in university studying the same course, Architecture, at Lincoln university, and doing much better this time. I'm half way through my third year, and am aiming for a 2:1 minimum with hopes of getting a 1st.

Outside of uni, I'm a bit of a computer geek, and tend to spend alot of time in front of one, either for uni work or chatting to you guys on here. I like to keep in shape by going to the gym once or twice a week, though I'm not the best at keeping my aerobic fitness high, instead concentrating on weights. Rugby is of course a big part of my life, though I haven't played since leaving school. I've also re taken up my former love of mountain biking (being older and able to afford a nice bike is fun), although that tends to be a summer thing at the mo, when I'm back in Wales, where I go out for rides with my friend.

Working in the financial industry but there are some other job offers swarming around. Don't know if I stay in Belgium or not. So will see.
In my spare time I do lots of sports, rugby has been on a low level recently as I started a new cricket club in my home town and it's lots of administration. As well got two mandates in the sport federation ( my club and Cricket Vlaanderen). Also need to travel a lot for my work.
So I'm busy.

Studied architecture at UCT and went into the industry in turmoil due to the economic crisis; no loans mean no construction means no work for architects. It was also a ***** trying to find a job with firms closing left and right so I've been working for about 2 years now on my own in our spare bedroom (gets really lonely) and am also busy developing a gut at rapid pace; my wife signed me up for gym on Monday and I promised I would start neek week LOL. I do still hike and swim but find that it doesn't really help with the gut.

Not playing rugby anymore although I would love to due to the fact that club rugby in SA and particularly Cape Town is life threatening. Anyway when I started again at UCT I was kinda forced int playing lock after being an 8th man and winger all my life and didn't find the tighter game to my tastes.

Apart from that I am trying to save money to 1) start up a small furniture company and 2) attend the 2015 RWC without a budget.

Working in the financial industry but there are some other job offers swarming around. Don't know if I stay in Belgium or not. So will see.
In my spare time I do lots of sports, rugby has been on a low level recently as I started a new cricket club in my home town and it's lots of administration. As well got two mandates in the sport federation ( my club and Cricket Vlaanderen). Also need to travel a lot for my work.
So I'm busy.

Probably a strange question but do you support the Chiefs because their colors are black, yellow and red (same as Belgium's flag) ?

Also, well done on starting up a new cricket club and best of luck. Sheesh. Is cricket big in Belgium?

Well I support Waikato/ Chiefs as I used to life In Rotorua ( greater Waikato area) and I also have family there. Never been a big fan of Bay of Plenty.

My cousin is good friends with Delany and Donnely.
Cricket is small in Belgium but it's growing every year.

The Waikato colors are just an extra ;-)
But if my country splits it will have no significant meaning anymore.

I'm being diplomatically correct ;-).
Don't you need to work out to get into the national squad of Uruguay. :)

I'm a qualified physio and fitness coach. Work with Munster branch. In spare time I go to club rugby and enjoy to read autobiographies. Am bit of DVD freak too have about 500 and watch 1 a day.

Last year at college applied for Digital forensics at uni next year at Teeside and glamorgan then comp. science at Cardiff so should be good :)

2nd and final year at college studying Sport & excericse science, psychology, english language, and human biology. Hopefully go to uni next year either at exeter, UWIC (cardiff) ****ing exam grades depending, hopfully to study Sport science and get a job in the industry trying to work with a rugby team. Also Considering Joining the royal marines (family thing). Captain my college team, play for the academy team at Esher, just selected to plat for england colleges too = Nice sunny trip to portugal soon. Outside of rugby, I'm pretty don at table football, which i guess is pretty sad/ I'm pretty into my music, play guitar (acoustic) and sing. Apart from that enjoy going out with the lads, for the banter, beer and the babes.

Final year of college. Studying Economics and Finance. I live in Dublin. I haven't a bog what I'm going to do next year. Perhaps an MA in finance somewhere, perhaps a year abroad. Time will tell... I am currently unemployed, although I do the odd bit of promo work.

Latest posts