• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

So you have played the game....

What do you now honestly think of Rugby2k5?

• Amazing, could not be better

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good, room for improvement.

• Ok, lots of things need improving though.

• I hate single player, but mutliplayer is very good.

• Not that good, I was a tad dissappointed.

• Oh dear, I am so annoyed with EA sports after this sham.

• My goodness, sean43 and jimmy were right all along!.

• Total voters
S

sean43

I have voted

I hate single player, but mutliplayer is very good

So if anyone votes for

My goodness, sean43 and jimmy were right all along!

It is not me!!

Ok, lots of things need improving though.

Like locksley said ages ago: "It's the game 2004 should have been."

I like it. It's "Good, room for improvement". Such as European licenses, that would be a nice start.

I think its a good game, even single player, and I'm really enjoying it. I'm trying not to over play it though. I don't want to get bored too quickly!

before this game i was slightly tanned. now im pasty. thats how good it is
<

na, but player research and create a player are the only things that are really ******* me off. i was looking foward to getting some great combinations between luke mcallister and nick evans, but both were underrated. i never use to "hate" ea and hb but after mcallisters awful stats in the game im getting there....

well I voted good....

But yes and once again I say this - The RULES

If they sorted that then the game might have been so much tougher to beat and fun to play.

Also I agree they have to ad more teams (NPC, Currie Cup, and all the English, French clubs) at least. Also from 2006 there will be a competition between SA's top 8 teams and Englands top 12. This will be called the Anglo/something tournament.

They need to incorporate that for 2006.

In the games defence I must ad that it is Rugby, it is the best one ever made and it is only the second (think the improvements we saw with fifia from the 1st one)

I think if EA can improve on this one the same amount as they did from 2004 then next year will be close to perfect.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Mar 29 2005, 08:11 PM
I like it. It's "Good, room for improvement". Such as European licenses, that would be a nice start.
crikey, i'd say that would be last on the list of things i'd like to see improved. Get working with the player editor if it bothers you that much
<

How about game play and usability being number 1 & 2 respectively
<

i voted it was ok.

Originally posted by Stormers@Mar 29 2005, 11:08 PM
Also from 2006 there will be a competition between SA's top 8 teams and Englands top 12. This will be called the Anglo/something tournament.
Eh?
<

Originally posted by Stormers@Mar 29 2005, 12:08 PM
Also from 2006 there will be a competition between SA's top 8 teams and Englands top 12. This will be called the Anglo/something tournament.
That was a rumour, but it shouldn't happen. The European schedule is crowded enough as it is without even more games having to be played.

Apparently It was going to be called the Rainbow Cup, but it's been shelved indefinitely now.

From planetrugby.com

England clubs turn their back on SA
Wednesday March 30 2005
Rainbow Cup shelved after snub
The South African Rugby Union (SARU) has been forced to turn their attention back to their domestic competitions, after Premier Rugby (the body that runs England's premier club competition) turned its back on SARU.

Premier Rugby has given no reason why it will not allow the 12 Zurich Premiership clubs to compete in the proposed Rainbow Cup, a competition which has now been shelved indefinitely.

The competition would have seen South Africa's top eight provinces compete against the Zurich Premiership clubs in a month-long competition in September and October - the end of the South African season and the start of the European club season.

But it has been confirmed that the Rainbow Cup, the brainchild of former SA Rugby MD Rian Oberholzer, has been put on the backburners.

Kyle Nel, the SARU commercial manager, confirmed in media interviews published on Wednesday that his organisation will now turn their attention to domestic competitions like the Currie Cup and Vodacom Cup instead.

SARU is instead looking at a new format for the Currie Cup, South Africa's premier domestic competition - the fourth time in as many years that the format for the competition will change.

"We have made so many changes in the past four years that we have now reached a stage where we want to stick to the same structure for five years," Nel said.

Another aspect that will be addressed by SARU bosses in the next few weeks is the availability of top players, and more particular the Springboks, for domestic competitions.

There is a move afoot to have them removed from all domestic competitions in order to avoid player burnout - which currently is the most heated topic of debate in South Africa.

Professor Tim Noakes, in an exclusive interview, recently revealed that Bok coach Jake White plans to remove some of his top players from the June and July Tests against France and Australia - in order to rest them for the Tri-Nations.

But the top 30 Springboks will also not play much domestic rugby anyway, with an overlap of competitions - between the Tri-Nations and the Currie Cup.

Originally posted by robbinho@Mar 30 2005, 02:29 PM
Premier Rugby has given no reason why it will not allow the 12 Zurich Premiership clubs to compete in the proposed Rainbow Cup, a competition which has now been shelved indefinitely.
I don't think they need to give a reason. All the SARFU has to do is take one look at the European fixture list and they should be able to work it out.

Latest posts