• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

solution to x-box control problem

L

lionmaul

I have switched my ps2 preorder to the x-box after finding a controller by Pelican called Pro Series After Glow, it has shoulder buttons plus the white and black lower buttons. No reason to get the ps2 version now, got the control with the graphics. I will try to post A link to this controller when I have time. If not search and you will find it easly.
Cheers and Salu

PS. Does anyone know the x-box control layout????????

afterglow_screen001.jpg

afterglow_screen002.jpg

Bit of a crappy looking pad - I'll stick with the original chunky pad.

Who gives a rats ass what it looks like as long as you can use the shoulder xtra shoulder buttons. It has 4 shoulder buttons like the ps2 to be clear. And I have it and it is as small as the small x-box controller. Feels very good in hand.

I guess I will be able to report on that after further usage. Will keep you posted.

Originally posted by lionmaul@Mar 8 2005, 11:16 AM
I have switched my ps2 preorder to the x-box after finding a controller by Pelican called Pro Series After Glow, it has shoulder buttons plus the white and black lower buttons. No reason to get the ps2 version now, got the control with the graphics. I will try to post A link to this controller when I have time. If not search and you will find it easly.
Cheers and Salu

PS. Does anyone know the x-box control layout????????
I'm pretty sure the pass buttons are X and B

Originally posted by lionmaul@Mar 8 2005, 10:28 AM
Who gives a rats ass what it looks like as long as you can use the shoulder xtra shoulder buttons. It has 4 shoulder buttons like the ps2 to be clear. And I have it and it is as small as the small x-box controller. Feels very good in hand.
That won't change anything I'm afraid lionmaul.... the passing is mapped to the X and B buttons!
<

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Mar 8 2005, 11:29 AM
get a programmable pad than
Please elaborate on this model....oh sorry, it was probably on the link you posted.
<

Or you can cut the wire of the XBox control pad and rewire it all again. Which I may do if I cannot find a pad that allows the shoulder buttons to act as the passing buttons (I have already rewired stuffed up control pads before. 4 times before).

Originally posted by locksley+Mar 8 2005, 11:27 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (locksley @ Mar 8 2005, 11:27 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-lionmaul
@Mar 8 2005, 10:28 AM
Who gives a rats ass what it looks like as long as you can use the shoulder xtra shoulder buttons.  It has 4 shoulder buttons like the ps2 to be clear.  And I have it and it is as small as the small x-box controller.  Feels very good in hand.
That won't change anything I'm afraid lionmaul.... the passing is mapped to the X and B buttons!
<
[/b]
Yea, well if thats the case I may have to return it and get the ps2 controller adapter. But do you loose any response by doing this with the controller??
Does anyone have one of these adapters to comment on???

didn't someone also say there was another type of adapter where you could put your PS2 control pad into it. I know it is in here somewhere on the R2005 topics

Yeah, but I doubt that would make the XBox's A&B (pass buttons for XBox) PS2's shoulder buttons. Black and white (XBox) would be the equivalent of PS2's second shoulder buttons.

ye apprently u lose like a couple of split seonds response time with that PS2 adapter...

Then I'll have to rewire. When I have got the formula correct then I'll post it.

Or maybe I'll see if I can rewire an actual PS2 control pad for R2005 as to rewire an xbox controller would render it useless for all xbox games.

But I think I'll just learn how to pass like that. I mean when the shoulder buttons came out for JLR we all got used to it, when we had been playing Rugby 95 on megadrive

I guess. But I've been born and bred on using shoulder buttons for passing for rugby games (with the exception of Rugby 2001, which I used a keyboard for).

By the way Gay-Guy:
Originally posted by TRF
Most users ever online was 56 on Mar 8 2005, 05:10 AM

Originally posted by JJ-+Mar 8 2005, 05:18 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (-JJ- @ Mar 8 2005, 05:18 PM)</div>
I guess. But I've been born and bred on using shoulder buttons for passing for rugby games (with the exception of Rugby 2001, which I used a keyboard for).

By the way Gay-Guy:
<!--QuoteBegin-TRF
Most users ever online was 56 on Mar 8 2005, 05:10 AM
[/b]
Damn....I better change my signature.

Perhaps "GG 4 JJ"
<

Latest posts