• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Solvenia vs England

"We should have scored 3" - but you didn't, you scraped to a 1-0 win and were under pressure towards the end. I'm very surprised you are happy with the performance, would have though after some of you fooled yourselves into thinking you were tournament favourites you would expect more from your players, especially guys like Rooney (who was an embarrassment yesterday I thought, clearly did not want to be there).

That being said, I wouldn't write off England against Germany just yet. England are not favourites for this game which will help them, but they don't really have anybody who can score goals unless Rooney cops himself on and gets his head in the right place.

By fight do you mean hold off about two German players while the rest play Russia?

They won't let me rep you for that for some reason, but it was worthy.

That all depends on how many "neutral" Irish spys there are in the England camp feeding the Germans intelligence.

That all depends on how many "neutral" Irish spys there are in the England camp feeding the Germans intelligence.

If Ireland was anything during the second world war it was pro allies. During the war Ireland sold a huge amount of food to Britain, while rationing was enforced over here. Roughly 40,000 Irishmen joined the British army during the war. 120,000 Irishmen and Women worked in British factories, helping to make up for the labour shortage. Irish weather reports were routinely transmitted to the allies. RAF planes regularly flew over Irish airspace without complaint. Allied troops or airmen who ended up in the Free State were allowed to head up north while Germans were interned. The Garda Special Branch and the army intelligence, G2, shared information gathered on German activites with British and American allies. From 1943 onwards Irish diplomats on the continent were instructed to collect information on the Germans that was passed on to the Americans. In 1945 three senior Irish army officers were recommended for the Legion of Merit for 'exceptionally meritorious and outstanding services to the US'

So less of it.

If Ireland was anything during the second world war it was pro allies. During the war Ireland sold a huge amount of food to Britain, while rationing was enforced over here. Roughly 40,000 Irishmen joined the British army during the war. 120,000 Irishmen and Women worked in British factories, helping to make up for the labour shortage. Irish weather reports were routinely transmitted to the allies. RAF planes regularly flew over Irish airspace without complaint. Allied troops or airmen who ended up in the Free State were allowed to head up north while Germans were interned. The Garda Special Branch and the army intelligence, G2, shared information gathered on German activites with British and American allies. From 1943 onwards Irish diplomats on the continent were instructed to collect information on the Germans that was passed on to the Americans. In 1945 three senior Irish army officers were recommended for the Legion of Merit for 'exceptionally meritorious and outstanding services to the US'

So less of it
You first.

Of course, Ireland wasn't a U-Boat refuelling station either.

Last edited:
Pah, like we had the facilities to refuel U-Boat. What ports did you have in mind?

The rumours about u-boats and Ireland will never go away.

only cork and belfast where decent ports in ireland belfast is in the uk and cork well im sure if they refulled there some one would have noticed

but anyways on the footballing note
england sould have got at least two more goals but where nervy a bad sign when your laying slovenia and it practicly was a knock out match if england can drop the nerves and play like they did in parts they could get to semis i reckon but far more likley is germany beat ya on sunday

Any team would get nervy at 1-0 in the same situation. We handled our scenario far better than the Italians did, put it like that.

Well that's deferring the point if I ever heard of it. The thing I notice die hard fans don't get about knock-out competition is; It doesn't matter how bad the other teams are, if you're not playing well, you ain't going to win.

See; England 2007. Bumbled through lots of poor teams, but didn't play well. Were convincingly beaten at the last hurdle.

Well we've only got to wait until Sunday to find out.

Just heard on the radio that Rooney may not be available for the Germany match,

Which raises the question: Does it matter?

Probably not. He did more than Lampard, but what he did was selfish.

Ouch! Unfair, but zing.

England to win - experience will trump enthusiasm.

I haven't seen Germany play, so my opinion is worthless. But I really want the country to go batshit with joy.

p.s. Anyone else find Jericho's picture disturbing?

Jughead will play. Not that we'll notice him. The most overrated sportsman in the world today.

Latest posts