Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
Must win game for England ...

EDIT: Defoe goal 1-0 England!

England should have won by far more. But at least we are through!!! USA top the group though.

Sorry to be the barer of bad news, but a 1-0 win against Slovinia is hardly a lot to shout about

OI! Be positive! The quality of the 'underdogs' has vastly improved in this years tournament.

Wish England hadn't have got through :(
I'm sick of England fans/newspapers saying England are going to win it, now we've got to endure even more of it

If Deutschland win tonight, they'll probably face England in the last 16. Germany hasn't failed to make the last 8 in the World Cup in 60 years.

OI! Be positive! The quality of the 'underdogs' has vastly improved in this years tournament.

No, they're not. Everyone is ****. that's why it's been the most dull world cup in god knows how many years.

Nothing to do with Balls. Nothing to do with Horns. Nothing to do with Altitude. Nothing to do with cut-up pitches.

Everyone. Is. ****.

Thought we were far better than a 1-0 win but we did what we needed to do and got ourselves through. Start the tournament from now and see how we go on, probably against Germany but they are in a bit of a pressure cooker tonight themselves.

England were pretty rubbish in all honesty. They were good compared to their other 2 games so far but still pretty crap. They came very close to throwing it away. Germany should beat them fairly easily in the next round

England were pretty rubbish in all honesty. They were good compared to their other 2 games so far but still pretty crap. They came very close to throwing it away. Germany should beat them fairly easily in the next round

Disagree with all that.

Sorry I don't mean to offend English fans and I know it must be relieving to have made it out of the group. I'm actually up for England in this world cup. I just don't think this result is anything to get overly excited about. It's like Dunphy said; it was 11 premier league stars against 11 men who wouldn't make it into a premier league team. A 1-0 win is nothing to be singing about. Slovenia came very very close to drawing level as well...

It would have been our own doing as opposed to Slovenia making it though. We should have won at least 3-0, Defoe and Jughead in particular had fantastic chances and didn't take them. We'll need to play better to beat Germany, but it was positive, attacking and for the most part, confident today. It looked a lot more like the England that I know and the England that had the best qualifying record in Europe, if not the world actually.

It's going to be a hard game but we are capable of winning, because the Germans are a good team but nothing more. They got outplayed for long spells tonight and won with a splendid goal. If we can win the battle in midfield (and we really should) then we should dictate that game. And the day Eamonn Dunphy's opinions are used to validate your own are when it becomes time to turn it in, that man is an utter numbskull.

Yeah I wasn't sure if it was Giles or Dunphy who said it so I had a bank. Probably should have banked with Giles now that I think of it. I've lost all credibility...

This World Cup is working out like WW2 - France have forfeited, the USA turned up late and England are left to fight the Germans.

This World Cup is working out like WW2 - France have forfeited, the USA turned up late and England are left to fight the Germans.

By fight do you mean hold off about two German players while the rest play Russia?

Just heard on the radio that Rooney may not be available for the Germany match,

Which raises the question: Does it matter?

Latest posts