• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Should Gareth Bale and Ryan Giggs play for the England team?

Superalexmarket

Bench Player
Country Flag
Argentina
Club or Nation
Duendes
Not the first time that great players are out of the World Cup, just for the reason that their national teams are not strong enough to qualify for a World Cup. Then, there could be an exception in the case of these two great players (horse face and grandpa) and to play for England? Welsh friends, what do you think of this?

I'm not Welsh but got celt blood. Bale is full blown Welsh and not even a debate. Ryan Giggs father (former RL player) was a hardcore welshman and apparently told Giggs he'd disown him if he played for England.

I think the likes of Bale if chose to play for England then the Welsh general public would hate him by default and be the joke in their tabloids till he dies.

But a Giggs? Maybe, hidden under that Manchester accent.

It's a shame Wales hasn't qualified for a biggy for ages. Very unlucky for the '94 world cup.

I'm not Welsh but got celt blood. Bale is full blown Welsh and not even a debate. Ryan Giggs father (former RL player) was a hardcore welshman and apparently told Giggs he'd disown him if he played for England.

I think the likes of Bale if chose to play for England then the Welsh general public would hate him by default and be the joke in their tabloids till he dies.

But a Giggs? Maybe, hidden under that Manchester accent.

Danny Wilson, played Rugby for Cardiff RFC before going north. Could have been a talented standoff for Wales.

Reading your answers, I can not understand how 3 nations as proud of their traditions and their heritage, they can live together under one flag and under the control of one single (english) queen.

Ha. You know how the Americans use bombs to promote democracy? The English used swords and muskets to do the same...

Wales is technically still owned by England though so..... /trollface

I could give you a long answer as to the origins of the UK, but I don't think you really care. If you do, look it up yourself.

Well. To be even more technical; England doesn't exist in a political sense. The UK doesnt recognise The English constitution at all. I think Wales legally became a country in the late 50's. But how about this one... britain owns America and the vatican owns britain. How about that?

Reading your answers, I can not understand how 3 nations as proud of their traditions and their heritage, they can live together under one flag and under the control of one single (english) queen.
The British Monarchy is a Reigning, not a Ruling Monarchy.

Same goes for all the overseas territories that are British.

I ****** me off a little when it's stated that the Monarchy is significantly more English than Welsh or Scottish.
The current iteration is ethnically German - and the throne they sit on is for all intents and purposes the same one that was put in place by the Norman invaders... you know... the ones that invaded and forcefully took control of "England" prior to taking Scotland and Wales.

I understand why people do it, and to a certain extent it's true - but the notion that the UK has been forced upon Great Britain by "English" people is ********.
Great Britain and the UK are just extensions of the unification that created "England" from the Heptarchy, and the Kingdoms that came before it.

/done

Latest posts