• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Some questions about the game

O

OZGOD

Just got this a couple of days ago, I reckon it's the best rugby game by far - the EA Canada boys did a brilliant job. There are a few bugs of course, but overall it's far exceeded my expectations. I do have a few questions that I hope people might be able to help me with though:

1. In the Create a Player function, how do you specify a height and weight for a custom player? Or can you only specify body types?

2. If there's no in-game way to do this, is there a way you could edit it via a DB function or something?

3. Anyone work out how to swap positions within your team (NOT substitute, but move your flyhalf to IC and vice versa). You don't seem to be able to do this.

4. Why do I seem to have such little control over the direction of my kick (no matter where I aim it seems to go forwardish, with little control over left and right). Is this normal?

Thanks for any help. I'm loving this game at the moment.
<

For kicks, hold X down and just pull on left or right. That way u can kick left or right.
<

1. You can only choose a body type unfortuntely.

2. Sorry don't know what your on about

3.You can before a match but I don't know if you can in a match

4.Yeah it is un sensitive but aslong as you ram the analog stick in the desired direction you should be able to kick it where you want

Originally posted by OZGOD@Mar 20 2005, 11:45 AM
Just got this a couple of days ago, I reckon it's the best rugby game by far - the EA Canada boys did a brilliant job. There are a few bugs of course, but overall it's far exceeded my expectations. I do have a few questions that I hope people might be able to help me with though:

1. In the Create a Player function, how do you specify a height and weight for a custom player? Or can you only specify body types?

2. If there's no in-game way to do this, is there a way you could edit it via a DB function or something?

3. Anyone work out how to swap positions within your team (NOT substitute, but move your flyhalf to IC and vice versa). You don't seem to be able to do this.

4. Why do I seem to have such little control over the direction of my kick (no matter where I aim it seems to go forwardish, with little control over left and right). Is this normal?

Thanks for any help. I'm loving this game at the moment.
<
1. There are 4 body types... this is the only way I've found to vary the height/weight of the created player.

2. Unless EA are hiding it... no.

3. Unless I am daft... no... You can only substitute... and it would appear only one player at a time. This is a problem and hopefully EA will rectify this for Rugby 2006.

4. As for kicking I found that on sideline or broadcast it's very difficult. Classic 2 seems to be the most user friendly and with a little practice kicking becomes easy and an effective attacking weapon when parred with a good line out anticipation. Just hold and press in the direction you desire.

Good luck... any more problems, or better suggestions from others Add away!

So the body types basically work out as follows, right?

Type 1 - beanpole second rower (1.9m, 100kg)
Type 2 - flanker/centre (1.8m, 90kg)
Type 3 - prop/hooker (1.85m, 110kg)
Type 4 - winger/fullback (1.75m, 80kg)

Something like that, from memory? Shame we can't put our own values in, eh. I'd like to put Jonah back into the game, all 6"6, 120kg of him. That's what I meant by DB function - in other EA games I've played (like NBA Live and FIFA) people have been able to use database editors to edit the player files, but from reading the Mod thread stickied above it seems like it might be harder than usual with the files they use in this game? I did check out Tom's Editor (which was great!) but it only had the actual game variables (eg kicking, speed, etc).

Re the kicks, I worked out the arrow ALWAYS starts upwards and you have to quickly push it to the side otherwise the kick releases before you're done.
<

Latest posts