• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sorry Warren Thread

Munstermuffin. Gatland has always liked Phillips. Right from the start in 2008 he immediately preferred him to Dwayne Peel who was first choice 2004-2007. As this isn't really the best era for scrum halves in the Britain and Ireland, it is no surprise he picked a player who he has always liked and had some success in previous big matches such as Lions 2009 and the RWC (which he did well in despite consistently playing crap for the Ospreys).
Yes but my point was on form, partnerships or any other reason except for Gatland being biased was he selected for 3rd test. Murray and Youngs deserved to be ahead and neither were as bad or within an asses roar of being as bad as he was in T1.

So let me get this straight.He changed a team that lost by 1 point,won by 25 points and yet picked the wrong team.LOL
But it was a mixture of alot not just selection. Aus were absolutely shocking, rub of green at times from Poite and other things so if you think selections by Gatland were sole reason for winning that game well I will just disagree. We could've had Shane Williams and Denis Hickie hell even ROG in centre and still won that test it was how bad Aus were

Latest posts