• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sound

W

welshy

Can anyone let us know what the sound is like in this game please. I was playing Rugby 2005 last night after playing FIFA 06 and it occured to me that even though it was Wales vs England it was more like watching a local match on a Saturday! There aren't really chants in rugby like footy but there is usually a lot of noise when there's a line break or a team is camped in the opposition 22 on the attack.

Has this been improved in 2006 over 2005?

no real chants - have you ever been to watch wales - geese theres tonnes of famous songs that are sung at alot of international matches

fields of athernray
swing low
bread of heaven
sosban fach
waltzing matilda

just to name a few

<
Feed me till I want no more...

What is that song about?

What about Waltzing mathilda, I thought that was an Aussie song eh?

I have been to see many Welsh games since the age of about ten (now 27). And I agree there are songs sung at internationals but they're not chants are they!!! I mean Swing Low is only sung at England matches and even if you can't make the words out you know what they're singing. Many footy chants sound identical. This must make them easier to put in the games - come up with ten chants people can't quite make out and play them at random.

There are also a lot of rugby teams that don't really have much in the way of songs at all but plenty of atmosphere - Leicester Tigers or Gloucester for example (apart from the shouts of Gloucester).

I think lack of atmosphere is a problem as it doesn't allow you to become immersed in the gaming experience as you otherwise would be. Gameplay is much more important don't get me wrong but I was just wondering what the sound was like!

Originally posted by loratadine@Jan 23 2006, 10:51 PM
no real chants - have you ever been to watch wales - geese theres tonnes of famous songs that are sung at alot of international matches

fields of athernray
swing low
bread of heaven
sosban fach
waltzing matilda

just to name a few
Nice to see The Fields of Athenry at the top of your list. Its the best thing to come outa Connacht since ......? and Munster have put it to great use on days past like Saturday just gone
<

Originally posted by welshy@Jan 23 2006, 10:33 PM
Can anyone let us know what the sound is like in this game please.  I was playing Rugby 2005 last night after playing FIFA 06 and it occured to me that even though it was Wales vs England it was more like watching a local match on a Saturday!  There aren't really chants in rugby like footy but there is usually a lot of noise when there's a line break or a team is camped in the opposition 22 on the attack.

Has this been improved in 2006 over 2005?
I agree. Noise and chanting in the game helps generates atmosphere. I hated it when you'd go over in your home stadium and the crowd would barely lift in sound. In some cases the noise for an away try would be greater.

<

as long as it doesnt have those f***ing whisltes when you have a goal kick. what is this ? soccer?

Originally posted by sambad5@Jan 24 2006, 10:48 AM
as long as it doesnt have those f***ing whisltes when you have a goal kick. what is this ? soccer?
That always ****** me off.

Why the hell they couldn't have stadium specific noises; I.E. Franklis Gardens and Sixways are silent during kicks while other stadiums such as The Causeway the use the "oooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH" thing that yanks do.

Go to thomond park Munster and watch a match. All you can hear when a kicker kicks is the wind blowing! Seen nothing like it ....Soooo eary!

Originally posted by sambad5@Jan 24 2006, 08:48 PM
LMAO!

Yeh i hated that ****...it was continued on from rugby 2**4 so it gave me horrible flashbacks...
<

they should change it to either...the home crowd booing or just tell em to shut up until the ball goes over...oh and i hated how the crowd ould rub it in when you missed..they would "AWWWW" when you know you missed but they say it when the ball hits the ground.
<

Latest posts