• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

South Africa vs FIJI

<div class='quotemain'> I felt the worst decision of that game was when Rabeni was yellow carded.

That tackle was fair in my opinion.[/b]

Are you mad? The ref warned Rabeni 3 times for high tackles then he got a card, that's fair. There were also other high tackles that went unpunished by the ref and it could have cost Fiji even more so they were lucky in that department.
[/b][/quote]

After watching the replay, it was clear that the tackle wasn't as high as it seemed, and it also showed that Rabeni had his arms out to use in the tackle but the hit was so hard the player just bounced off his shoulder.

The main problem with refereeing in this world cup has been so many uncessary penalties for supposed 'foul play' that have turned out to be nothing.

Sure, there were a couple of other times in that game were Fiji were lucky to get away with a high shot but I felt this tackle was ok.

Anyways, I find it hilarious that Springbok supporters are having such a whinge about dangerous tackling techniques.

Next you'll find us Wallaby supporters putting down other teams for bad scrummaging and losing to weaker sides. :D

What I find funny is that everyone always cries foul when the Boks play "dirty", yet when Fiji or Samoa does the same it's deemed to be ok. If the Boks play dirty then I'll acknowledge it, all I want is for the same rules to apply to every team.

Sorry guys, I've been too lazy and i haven't read through the other replies so I'm just going to post blind...

I was so terribly gutted when Fiji didn't score when whats-his-name-fast-dude knocked on and also when JP made that almighty bundling tackle on whats-his-name-secondrower! (sorry the names escape me at the moment). Fiji could have won that!

I guess the downside of Fiji winning was that they'd face England and sadly it probably would have been Fiji's time to bow out and the Poms into the final, however now that South Africa are there to face the Poms/Pommies, there is a huge chance of the motherland not making the final which is quite pleasing.

Once again, congratulations Fiji, you produced one of the most spirited displays in RWC history. It will be on par with Western Samoa's win against Wales in the '91 World Cup.

EDIT:I've just realised the Poms are facing France in the semi, not SA! Sorry guys!

that was a great game and effort from fiji they play some of the most exciting rugby and play it with pride and flair. moses rauluni (spelling) is inspirational he has been great for fiji. they should be very proud.

Agreed, that was a great game for fiji who really put up a great battle, as a bok supporter though my heart was pumping green blood like an express train going 100mph. Thankfully the boys managed to regroup for the last ten. :)

England 0 South Africa 36 a few weeks ago.
Suddenly, you wouldn't be surprised if England beat these. South Africa are the worst team to go through in form of the QF'S.

In the last 10 minutes against England South Africa took their foot off the pedal, since then they have been battered by Tonga, at times ripped apart by USA and now taught running rugby by Fiji. England are slowly going up, South Africa slowly down. [/b]

Well done Fiji you played a fantastic game. My ass was biting big holes in my chair at some stages.

Wow AllezWasps how you have perked up since an average performance by England. You wonder why all the other nations get on top of England when ever they have one good victory.

Do you really think that was an amazing performance by England? Scraped home by the skin of your ball sacks with a dominant pack hhhhmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!

the boks greatly upset me yesterday. but then i noticed something...when the score was 20 - 20 none of the boys seemed worried. heck some of them were smiling and laughing. i know its not a great idea to play with the lions tail, but it really seemed like the boks were taking the game lightly in order to keep them from injuries.

i know it sounds like im making excuses for a horrible performance of rugby, but im not. it WAS a shitty game. but i dont think the bokke are shitty. argentina and then france better watch themselves in the next two games...cause i am sure there is a lot more antler to the boks than you guys think. java script:emoticon(':rahh:', 'smid_20')
:rahh:

(and yes, i said france...the pommies are out next weekend. sorry guys, i dont like the french either, but thats just the way of the world)

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> I felt the worst decision of that game was when Rabeni was yellow carded.

That tackle was fair in my opinion.[/b]

Are you mad? The ref warned Rabeni 3 times for high tackles then he got a card, that's fair. There were also other high tackles that went unpunished by the ref and it could have cost Fiji even more so they were lucky in that department.
[/b][/quote]

After watching the replay, it was clear that the tackle wasn't as high as it seemed, and it also showed that Rabeni had his arms out to use in the tackle but the hit was so hard the player just bounced off his shoulder.

The main problem with refereeing in this world cup has been so many uncessary penalties for supposed 'foul play' that have turned out to be nothing.

Sure, there were a couple of other times in that game were Fiji were lucky to get away with a high shot but I felt this tackle was ok.

Anyways, I find it hilarious that Springbok supporters are having such a whinge about dangerous tackling techniques.

Next you'll find us Wallaby supporters putting down other teams for bad scrummaging and losing to weaker sides. :D
[/b][/quote]

come on dude. the reason we are having such a "whinge" about all those high tackles is because we made it to the SF's and we dont want the springboks to be injured. for a while it almost looked as if the fiji'ites were payed to hurt our players. when you become an internationally recognized team you should stop with dangerous shenanigans like those.

yes accidents happen...but there is consequences.

the worst part is that fiji scored twice on us with only 14 men. shitty shitty game overall.

I agree it was a terrible performance by the Boks. About your theory that they purposefully played badly.. hmm, I'm not too sure about that one, hey. It looked more like they actually started panicking when the scores drew equal at 20-20.

But, of course, I may be wrong and Jake White has more up his sleeve than we think. We'll soon see, though. No use speculating :)

Listen boys, Jake has nothing -hidden- up his sleeves.

Once you get to the knockout stages you don't hold anything back, doing so is what causes you to end up on a plane back home.

Well that was an interesting game. Who would have thought that we'd run the Boks that close, and like someone earlier posted, we even dominated the breakdowns.. :blink: ...Fiji dominating the breakdowns, WTF??

Apart from a few dodgy throws, we managed to win most of our lineouts and disrupted some of the Boks ones...we got raped in the scrums but that was to be expected..

Yes, we got away with some high tackles but we'll learn from it.

and Boks should be worried that they allowed us to score 2 tries while a man down...

* Schalk burger got a piece of humble pie when he was demolished by Fiji's #7 Flanker Akapusi Qera,
It gave me a good laugh :D.

* The two main high taklers ( Rabeni & Delasau) are both from the same island of Vanua Levu, dangerous tackling is what they are known for including Rupeni Caucaunibuca.

*Everyone shoud go back and replay Sireli Bobo's try and watch him take off about 20 meters back and out- pace everyone infront of him to support Mosese Raulinis break for the try.
Replay it and watch his stride (amazing) :bravo: .

* Schalk burger got a piece of humble pie when he was demolished by Fiji's #7 Flanker Akapusi Qera,
It gave me a good laugh :D .
[/b]

I quite enjoyed that. Everytime I see Salty Burger my fist clenches. He is just so f***ing annoying! Bloody good player though I guess. He looks like that dude out of James Bond! (His name escapes me)

* The two main high taklers ( Rabeni & Delasau) are both from the same island of Vanua Levu, dangerous tackling is what they are known for including Rupeni Caucaunibuca.
[/b]
Regardless of what they are known for, dangerous tackling should not be something players should aim for or condone.

Players who tend to tackle with a dangerous element more often than others, tend to be the ones who cry foul about getting tackled that way the most.

*Everyone shoud go back and replay Sireli Bobo's try and watch him take off about 20 meters back and out- pace everyone infront of him to support Mosese Raulinis break for the try.
Replay it and watch his stride (amazing) :bravo: .
[/b]
That amongst other things reminded me why Fiji are the kings of 7s rugby. Pace, acceleration, creativity. Wodnerful stuff.

[/b]

WRONG.

Dels is from Tavua while Rabeni & Caucau are from Bua.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

WRONG.

Dels is from Tavua while Rabeni & Caucau are from Bua.
[/b][/quote]

Delasau's Koro meaning his Dads village is in "macuata"
He might be raised up in Tavua but his father is from macuata

Check out the following website:
http://teivovo.com/team_fiji/profiles/d/vi...ni_delasau.html

at the bottom it says:

Hails from: Macuata

Hobbies: Swimming, volleyball, movies

Best rugby memory: Winning the Wellington 7s. They brought in Jonah Lomu and Christian Cullen and we spoled their weekend. I still watch the tape.

Worst rugby memory: Losing in Hong Kong in my first appearence. I was desperate to win.

Copyright©2007
Teivovo.com

Trust me Delasau is from macuata because when they came over to America for the U.S tours he said he was and stayed with the vanualevu people.
Delasau's cousins and family told me when we were watching the games and everybody else who was watching said
Delasau, Rabeni and Rupeni are all related.

and Boks should be worried that they allowed us to score 2 tries while a man down...

[/b]

Ha ha not really that was probally a blessing in disguise as the Fijians had more space to operate in( 7's Kings). They should take out 1 center and 1 winger and they would be even more dangerous :lol: :lol:

Fiji were excellent running SA close and producing an excellent game against Wales