• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

South Africans! Boerewors...

I can tell you how to make it but I don't have a recipe I myself have much faith in. My nephew makes the best boerewors I've tasted but the ******* won't share his recipe. He is like a meat messiah (he can even get goat meat to be as juicy and tender that you wouldn't belief it; says it's all in how you kill the beast but won't say more than that) but unlike Jesus he is very greedy.

What I would recommend is get as thin an intestine as possible, finely ground dry coriander is a must the rest is up to personal taste (a little fat- you can add bacon- goes a long way to keeping it juicy and helping fry it). Flip regularly especially if the heat is high. It's easy to overdo it as it'll be ready quite quickly. A decent way to check if it's ready is that if it breaks when you lift it, it's done.

Potjiekos is my one true love but it takes so long and I rarely have the time these days.. now I am hungry and depressed, thanks, Drags.

I'm making my famous oxtail potjie on saturday before the big game... do you want some? :p

Stormer, do you like chicken potjie? It's one of the things I'm eager to learn and my friend said he'll help me (he makes an awesome chicken potjie) Wellington is like 30mins away from Durbanville.

EDIT: and I agree with Heineken, come visit us in SA, but here in W.Cape, heineken can drive down with his 4x4 bakkie with it's blue balls and horns :p

Stormer, do you like chicken potjie? It's one of the things I'm eager to learn and my friend said he'll help me (he makes an awesome chicken potjie) Wellington is like 30mins away from Durbanville.

EDIT: and I agree with Heineken, come visit us in SA, but here in W.Cape, heineken can drive down with his 4x4 bakkie with it's blue balls and horns :p

Sounds like a plan! I like a good chicken potjie but have to admit I could do with some onderrigting.

Just say when and where (though I'm in the bed sick ATM; I'm not made for the autumn chills)

I'm going to try and organize it for the second test, if all else fails the third test. We're all chilled except we might get a bit loud when someone f...s up in the game (like Kirchner might) :D

I knew I should have gone out for the JWC :(

Draggs, if I go, you can climb inside my luggage.

I knew I should have gone out for the JWC :(

Draggs, if I go, you can climb inside my luggage.

That would be a good craic, braai and beer with the nippers.
I wish the Lions were touring SA next year, that would be quality.

Ag no man you guys are making me sad now, a nice braai with all of you guys would be top class. Draggs I'll try and get that recipe this weekend, I'll post it here.

I'm making my famous oxtail potjie on saturday before the big game... do you want some? :p

Hmm, potjekos :)

I'm able of making a superb chicken and beef potjie :) Not too bad for a Belgian who never visited SA ;)

Where did you get your potjie?
They seem a bit pricey online, but I don't want to go too cheap and get a naff one.

I got an old cooking potjie from my grandmother that she used for many years to make Belgian Stews :)
Quality guarantied

If we get enough, we could have a boerewors competition in next years TRF awards.
Yes, yes, hahahaha, sausages.

Anybody knows a good recipe with lamb for Potjieskos? Having an all boys day this saturday. Some of the boys will bring some boboti :)

Anybody knows a good recipe with lamb for Potjieskos? Having an all boys day this saturday. Some of the boys will bring some boboti :)

Make sure there isn't too much fat on the meat. Especially when making a Lamb or Mutton Potjie. A bit of curry will add some flavour.

I'm making an Oxtail Potjie for 30 people on Saturday. Along with the Rugby. Gonna be a lot of fun.

Also Red Wine is also a welcome condoment to any red meat Potjie. My motto always with potjie, is that it can never go wrong, and experimentation is part of the fun...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

My local ASDA was selling some Boerewors, until quite recently. I must be onest they were were bloody nice. I might look further afield to see if i can get them again.

Latest posts