• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Spaghetti Westerns

G

goranski

Ok - I've always been a big fan of certain Italo-Westerns, especially the ones by Sergio Leone "Once Upon a Time in the West" "My Name is Nobody" and others, this is probably due to my growing up in Europe having watched alot of this genre on the tube as well as anything with Bud Spencer and Terence Hill in it...anyway the dubbing in English comes up with some s**t dialogue at times, much better in German and the original Italian

anyway to the point, just curious - What do you all think? Or what are your favorite flicks in this category? Actors?

geez I haven't thought about Bud Spencer and terence Hill since I was about 8! That brings back great memories, I loved their films! Never really interested in the rest though

Spaghetti Westerns are better than the American ones. I like the way the heroes are really anti-heroes rather than the Big Country type heros saving the damsels in distress.

The Sergio Leone/ Clint Eastwood trilogy (Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, The Good the Bad and the Ugly) are some of the best films ever made. Even if the dubbing looks bad.

geez I haven't thought about Bud Spencer and terence Hill since I was about 8! That brings back great memories, I loved their films! Never really interested in the rest though
[/b]

Yeah, when I was growing up in Germany there were always Spencer & Hill cop movies, westerns, comedies on TV - i thought they were great, usually Terrence's character always ******* off Spencer's by pulling pranks or getting them into fights...believe they made a couple films in South Africa during the 70s as well, one of them had Joe Bugner, former British heavyweight boxing champ in it, he played the villain

Latest posts